Anyone still use 1 1/2 hose?

lesterj2

i still run 1 1/2... i have a 50 foot run of 2" and then i have 85 foot of the 1 1/2... it does a nice job for me...
but i wish to have "4 to the Door" in the near future... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
After reading on the board I done away with the 1.5" I was using as a whip. All 2" now but getting ready to change over to 2.5" and a 2" wand.

Greenie

lesterj2 said:
i still run 1 1/2... i have a 50 foot run of 2" and then i have 85 foot of the 1 1/2... it does a nice job for me...
but i wish to have "4 to the Door" in the near future... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lester, are you trying to give me gray hair on purpose?
I don't remember seeing a pile of 1.5" in your pictures, it was all 2".

Just bacause you have a 1.5" wand, don't think for a second you have to run 1.5" hose, it's killing your vacuum....come to think of it, you did say your wand was easy to push unglided.... :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea les,
Run 10 ft or under with that 1 1/2" hose.

Better yet just get a 2" to 1 1/2" adapter and run it straight to the wand.

Have you read the board about this?

asupremeclean

Yes I have done away with the 1 1/2 too.

I have like 200 ft laying around if anyone is interested 100' is brand new no carpet juice has been run through it.

I would be willing to part ways with it for 1/2 off regular price. the rest I 'll give away just pay for shipping.

Lemmee know.

TimP

I have about a 10 ft whip of 1.5" hose but use it for my turbo and stair tool. And to hack out rentals with no power since I've got a slot glide on my hydrahoe.

I normally run my greenhorn 2" wand or RX 20 in certain situations.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
haven't used a 1.5 whip on a wand in 18 years

upl tool is the only thing that gets "whipped"

..L.T.A.

Ok, now you are just turning me on.

Who's your little upholstery tool??
That's right.. say it...SAY IT!!!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I really dont see the point in a 2" uphol. tool just put a glide on the one you have.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Prochem's uph tool has a 10' 1 1/2 whip, with a 2" metal coupling at the end. I only use a whip for draining the tank and the SX-12

Greenie

That is one of the reasons we stock that prochem tool here, 2" connection, 10' hide-a-hose, takes a glide well, the rest of the industry could learn something....10' hide-a-hose is a must, 6' sections are just too short.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
we use it all the time

me wife slaps me with it ...even if i did,nt do anything wrong

lesterj2

yes i have read plenty of posts downtalking 1 1/2"... but right now i have to work with what i got...
i plan on getting 2" all the way from the wand to the tank... but until then ima be a 1 1/2" user...

how about somebody donating me some and I pay the shipping... it would be greatly appreciated...

TimP

lesterj2 said:
yes i have read plenty of posts downtalking 1 1/2"... but right now i have to work with what i got...
i plan on getting 2" all the way from the wand to the tank... but until then ima be a 1 1/2" user...

how about somebody donating me some and I pay the shipping... it would be greatly appreciated...

Shipping probably is about 20-30 bucks for 2" hose mostly cause of the size and of course weight. You can get some from a local supplier if you have one....there is a jon don in atlanta if you're close to there. I checked their website and you're looking at 68 bucks....not much more to buy some brand new cheap stuff. There probably is an interlink dealer around they sell some for 80 bucks. I know it's cheaper to get you to get someone to send you some but the hose isn't that expensive. Now 2.5" hose is a different story.

Greenie

wow! you were serious!
So that wasn't a bunch of 2" I saw in your pics?

lesterj2 said:

TimP said:
lesterj2 said:

Shipping probably is about 20-30 bucks for 2" hose mostly cause of the size and of course weight. You can get some from a local supplier if you have one....there is a jon don in atlanta if you're close to there. I checked their website and you're looking at 68 bucks....not much more to buy some brand new cheap stuff. There probably is an interlink dealer around they sell some for 80 bucks. I know it's cheaper to get you to get someone to send you some but the hose isn't that expensive. Now 2.5" hose is a different story.

And 600 bucks for a 2" wand...;0 so make it 700 and add some shipping.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Greenie said:
That is one of the reasons we stock that prochem tool here, 2" connection, 10' hide-a-hose, takes a glide well, the rest of the industry could learn something....10' hide-a-hose is a must, 6' sections are just too short.

Have they upgraded the new tools? Mine has the (10') 1 1/4" whip with the hide a hose and seriously reduces airflow.

TimP

2.5" hose you're looking at over $200 shipped. But it's like running 2 2" hoses.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom