Anyone suggestions/support/wisdom appreciated!!!

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Hey everyone!

Since we bought the Vacuum store that we own 3 years ago my dad and I both had the vision of planting/opening other vacuum stores in surrounding towns/different areas.

The idea keeps re-surfacing.

I am in the process of possibly opening a smaller vacuum store than the one my parents own now in a smaller town of about 15,000 about 30 miles from our's now.

There is a market for it there and I know a carpet cleaner there that has already promised me so much business from him spreading the word. I may do some cleaning on the side but not sure.

For you followers/believers out there I feel this is definetely God's will for my life and was actually prophesied over me that when I started a business that it would chain out! So let's freakin party!!

Any prayers, wisdom, support so on and so forth would be appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya..that's always been a "pet" idea of mine too.......seriously......
i thought i would specialize in central vac systems!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Very NICE there BAwB......

Is there any Prayers or Wisdom ......You would be willing to share with this fine young man..

MaYbE....You could sPEaK to the PRopHCy...That Has GuIdEd youR DeminTed LifE :?:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Vacuums rule!

VacTat.jpg

Like them so much I had one tattooed on me!

Seriously, are you full service janitorial and/or carpet cleaning supply or just vacuum sales?

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

Have rock solid control of your business systems and inventory control systems. Good luck and 1/2 the price you are offered on any location leases.

tim

I do wish you well, it sounds like the retail side is doing well for you. After having retail stores for 25 years, I am to the point I want out. Service business allow you to schedule time for yourself (for the most part) and doesnt have the overhead, inventory and risk.

Be careful with the God's Will thing. As a fellow beleiver, I have found that His Will often gets confused with what I want. I have found that God is far more interested in your relationaship with Him and your relationship with others than what we do for a living. He promises beleivers that if we work hard we will have a roof over our heads, food to eat and clothes to wear. We are told not to worry about these things.

I have learned to pray for wisdom and rely on the brain God gave me and the help of those around me. I have found that if you work hard, treat people the way you want to be treated, strive for excelence in all areas of customer service and professionalism, that good things happen. I have 2 retail stores, a large maid service, a small carpet cleaning business and a Lawn and Lanscape business. They all have grown using these principles. It seems to be rare today.

I do pray that God gives you wisdom, branching out in a tough and uncertain economy can be a little unsettling.

-JB-

Name
JB
As Tim stated, I have seen "God's will" grow a well established (30yrs), local carpet retailer from one two four stores in less than a years time, and then send them into near bankruptcy just as fast.
It's not pretty.

God and good fortune do love a body in motion, but I would be interested to see Him part a strip mall for a new vac store. :shock:

Especially in this new economy, think long and hard.

This store recently has been buying out other local long established vac stores in my area, maybe call them and chew the fat?

http://www.supervacuumonline.com/servlet/StoreFront

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Thanks for the responses!!

As far as why I am questioning it? We all have fears sometimes. Over think think things with our minds to much and just flat out over thinking too much! We all need prayer and support in supplementing our faith and decisions.

As far as our store Lisa. We have 3 full time employees that run a Vacuum store/ basic Cleaning supplies/air purifiers and other small things. And 1 full time employee (me) running the carpet cleaning side. Carpet and Upholstery cleaning; Residential and Commercial and that is it for me right now!

We have pondered doing house cleaning but probably not janitorial!

Thanks everyone!!!!...Greatly appreciated!!!

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
We also do central vac systems!! And a guy I know in Newton has the equipment to manufacture chemicals. He used to build truck mounts back in the day when my dad had a service master franchise and got chemicals and equipment from. He is a pastor now and said he would be willing to turn the keys over to me if I was interested in taking anything on or trying anything new!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Funny you all should metion central vacuum systems.

I have just finished designing a "central", fixed carpet, upholstery, and tile/grout total cleaning system for a 13 story building.

All electric, of course.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Justucky (Jordan) - Pray about it, and listen.

Bob Foster

Bob, I sure would like to see and here more about this central system you did. I often wonder why big hotels don't do this.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I often wished they would just plumb a building with vac and pressure lines like a central vac system, then we can pull up our trucks to the service spot, plug in there, take the hoses to whatever floor, plug in there, and go to it. No security issues, no safety hazards, no hoses hanging off the balcony or the staircase, easy!

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Jordan best wishes with your decision, Tim had a great response.

Ron's idea would be so cool, have a manifold with a couple of 2.5" hookups on the outside of the building with 4" run to each floor.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Ron,

They could plumb a building as you describe, but with the cleaner not knowing exactly what they were hooking up to (pipe sizes within the vacuum system, pressure system, the bends, filters, restrictions, etc.), it would be a crap shoot at best.

And Jim wants a 2.5" hookup. Too many different types of machines wanting to use the same freeway.

A total central cleaning system, designed from source to output, will perform better every time with no guess work involved.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
it would just eliminate some competition. If you can't hook up to it, you can't use it.
It would have to be designed by a cleaner, ie 3" piping with pressure lines capable of 300F and 3000psi. The external fittings, well, a quick connect is pretty std, as for vac line, build it to fit 2" and 2.5".

The central system as you described is in an airport; Les mentioned it to me. With a trained tech would be no problem, but you wouldn't want just anyone having access to it. Be worse than them bringing in a Rug Dr.
I think it was Les that showed Bob and I an access port where hoses can be brought in, or connected to on the outside and then on the inside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom