Anyone use a SKINNY Hose reel and like It?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I hang my vacuum hoses right now and I'm thinking about getting a Skinny hose reel to hold hoses instead. I just need an opinion of someone who has run a normal width hose reel and a skinny hose reel. I only usually need 150-200 ft of hose so the capacity is not so much of a concern verses the ease of use and floor space saving ability of the thinner hose reel. I won't buy anything again without researching more. I have a blue machine sitting in the garage that should of never been bought cuz I didn't "need" it. All about trying to make my job easier this year. Thank you for your help.

Mister Sir

Scott Rogers

If you need less then 300 ft, the skinny hose reel is the only way to go, the wider one waist too much space.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I took my larger eagle reels off and hung the skinny 17" reel
mine hold 200 ft but I think they also come smaller

100_3254.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3254.jpg
    100_3254.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 173

Matt King

The narrow hose reel is my favorite. I can get 200 ft. of 2 inch hose on there and that's perfect for what I do. If I need an extra 100 ft. for a job I have the room to wrap it up and set it in the van. Rarely do I need over 200 ft. though. I'd say go for it..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sorry I missed that word vacuum

I got to learn to slow down on my reading

but .hey.when you are ready with the solution reels.I got your back

Scottie

I have a very nice used one if you are interested. I bought a new electric one for my new van.
Skinny reel holds 200 ft of 2 inch hose.

Greenie

Anyone ever measure, what is the tallest reel that will fit in your van?
Seems to me, everyone would want a tall reel regardless.

Actually I've always wondered why the big trucks didn't have taller reels in the first place.

And I'm all for the reels in Jim's pic, I never got the whole deal with the low profile ones like on a butler, just look like space wasters.

I told you about my vac reel sol. reel combo right? I just might have to build it as no one else does. Should I use stainless or the cheap stuff?

Name
Lee Stockwell
My son Jason's van is set up with the 49" tall skinny reel, tight up against the wall. Works well for him as he needs the extra space. He also prefers to feed his vac hose from the bottom of the reel, and a narrow reel makes it much easier to wind up neatly. That's one area of disagreement with a left handed dad and right-handed sons....they wrap up everything "backwards" arggh! (but they're in charge now). He routinely carries an extra 100' of vac hose on a hook on the opposite wall for his larger commercial accounts.

FastEddie

CIMG1130.jpg

Here is my ultra compact rear mounted, TM/hose reel set-up. Everything is at my fingertips. Skinny reels are the way to go.

Attachments

• CIMG1130.jpg
    CIMG1130.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 189

Eric S

My first tm came with a wide reel. What I did was built a platform under it to raise it and keep gallon containers under it of the stuff I used most often. When I got my 2nd van, I went with the narrow reel for space. I like the narrow one better.

minuteman

Yo Eddie, I hope its electric, I'd hate to reel that one in.

Greenie wrote: Should I use stainless or the cheap stuff?
Stainless please and I;ll take two, I have 70" height in my 12' Box truck. I was going to install a thin 49" this week for another 200' of 2" to total out at 600' of hose on the truck at all times, but if you are going to make some, 70" height limit, with a 400' capacity each or more would be great I'll let you add a couple of wand lock downs for the two new wands your sending, Oh! Ye! I could use matching solution reels of 400' each and if you do,... Oh, Heck! I'll just drive it down there. Greg

S

SmcKay

Greenie, ?????

Do you stay awake thinking this stuff up or what. Between your ideas and JMART's that would make a sweet setup. AT has raised up their hose reels already so why not move the solution reels where JMART has and extend the height to allow another 100 ft. ?

If I had another van I'd beg of you to "BUILD IT and THEY WILL BUY IT"

Besides the fact that a lot of us are making the switch to 2.5" we need all the space we can get!!!!

Audra

Sometimes it is just quite funny reading these posts. That's probably why so many people lurk on the board so they can just kick back & laugh. :lol:

We even classify our equipment as Fat or Skinny!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have yet to see any reason for anyone to sit in the shadows and watch....

Some just take time to step up........

Once they make a post or 2 there hooked...............

FastEddie

Sure my van is packed, I don't waste any space. I'll post more pics from different angles to show how well packed and thought out everything is.
So what's wrong with having 700ft of fresh water hose?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
O.K. I found a barely used Skinny triple hose reel with live water line on it.
bought it cheap. I got it all installed and lost my floor space. Is there really any gain in productivity by using one of these things. It looks nice and all but I lost floor space. I guess I been coiling and hanging it for too long.

Mister Sir

Hey Fast Eddie is that an electric real if it is what's the measurements. I'd like to put two separate reels in my Vortex but only have so much room.

FastEddie

Nah Tony,

Just manual reels. If I was to get an electric reel, It would be the 150ft live solution.

Greenie

An ELECTRIC vac reel is the one thing I wish I had, life is too short to hand wind vac hose. You owe it to yourself to have good tools that save production. Sol. line ain't so bad as long as it's easy access, but If I'm gonna build an elec. reel it might as well have elec. sol. as well.

Fresh reel (air hose), I can live with being manual, I seldom needed more than 50'.

Back
Top Bottom