Anyone use a SKINNY Hose reel and like It?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
A live vacuum reel seriously compromises your vacuum, by adding unnecessary resistance to the airflow and robbing you of available inches of lift.

You can see the effect for yourself before going to the expense (expensive mistake) of buying one... Just coil about 100 ft. of vac hose on the ground and hook your wand to it sometime. (You probably noticed the effect it has more than once, as you backed out of a job and "kicked" hose behind you on the way out, so that you had a pile of it just outside the exit door.)

Greenie

Sorry about that Duane, I meant to type Electric reel, not live. Common sense says a coiled hose will hurt vacuum.

I made the edit.

Although I'm generally against live reels, I did always want to do a live reel with 2.5" hose and good 2.5" plumbing, to see "how bad" it affected the vacuum with say,,,75' of 2.5" still on the reel.
Never quite know til you try it, over sized hose could be the cure for lame live reel performance.

I came upon this theory a little more than a year ago when I ran out 100' of hose, half of it 2" and the other half 2.5". Then I added 50' of 2.5" and there was absolutely no loss in vacuum, kind of amazing, but just a testament of the larger more efficient hose. So then I got to thinking...

Could the split reel, with both ends live be a possibility in the high performance world?

JohnnyV

That Van is so Packed, if you fart, your gonna blow the windshield out....I like that Purty red vac hose tho....Where'd you get colors like that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom