Anyone use a Zipper Jr?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Just curious if anyone has used the Zipper Jr on residentials? I've seen alot of reviews about the Zipper on commercial but not to much on residential. We do alot of open room move in/move outs so I think it will be a nice tool, but not sure how it pushs with the dual vac ports.

Name
Marcus
You are looking at the 13"??
It works great in residential.....I use the wand for going around and under furniture, closets and corners..
That is usually the least dirtiest and easy to clean...
For dirty open areas in homes rentals I use the zipper..it will out clean out dry and be faster than a wand
Also don't need a fan in most cases if you have enough vacuum
Cap

Reactions: Erik

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
For open residential it will be good as your dry times will be noticeably better, but in most residential there is just too much stuff to try and whip the zipper around and it becomes quite a chore.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
You are looking at the 13"??
It works great in residential.....I use the wand for going around and under furniture, closets and corners..
That is usually the least dirtiest and easy to clean...
For dirty open areas in homes rentals I use the zipper..it will out clean out dry and be faster than a wand
Also don't need a fan in most cases if you have enough vacuum
Cap
Yes, im looking at the the 13. Is their any less operator fatigue using the Zipper compared to a glided wand?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
For open residential it will be good as your dry times will be noticeably better, but in most residential there is just too much stuff to try and whip the zipper around and it becomes quite a chore.
Sorry but I have to disagree. We use it exclusively and clean mostly residential. I've now trained 4 people who have never cleaned carpets on both the wand and the zipper. Nobody chose the wand. It is slower in some areas but faster overall. The wand has seen zero use since I bought the zipper except when dual wanding. I just ordered new glides from Eric both sides are gone. When done properly it uses the largest muscle groups and is less work. In the long run your back will be in much better shape.

Gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Everyone that has used a zipper in a occupied residential scenario takes much longer to clean than with a wand but you can be the exception

Name
Marcus
Same exact cleaning time if you use a wand for closets and under furniture and corners.....
Reason is you have to do little or no dry strokes on the zipper.....

Overall body workout...legs arms and back and no joint pain like a wand....
You can really see the difference on dirty carpet
Dry time can be half?

Name
Marcus
I will predict this zipper wand will sell itself....
It is absolutely the best cleaning tool for dirty carpet....
Using a wand on dirty carpets can wear you out...the zipper can go slowly inch by inch cleaning without soaking the carpet
I have used rx20 3 different prochem wands and other rotaries.....

Reactions: kingjoelking

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene,

Are you using the 13" model?
Did you notice better drying times with zipper vs. the wand?

Thanks.
Yes the Zipper Jr and the dry times are noticeably faster with the zipper. even if the zipper cleaned slower i would still use it because its a superior tool. I also use a rotary when necessary, but we don't use a wand anymore. In the long run your body will thank you.

gene

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Like most guys here that have been doing this a long time i have customers I've cleaned for years. I can tell you exactly how long they take and they average between 10-15 minutes faster per hr. with the zipper. Keep in mind we don't clean around much. We move a lot of furniture. If you want to go under instead of move then the zipper won't reach as far. The exception to that are high beds. you can clean under those easily.

gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am not arguing gene just stating what I have seen and what I have done on our jobs is all.

For us it doesn't work well in occupied residential but I will say again, if it is empty my guys and I would reach for the zipper and knock it out quick.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I also agree for residential it's too cumbersome to move around and makes a job difficult. If vacant or commercial I think the tool was awesome.
Definitely a better motion for your body basically just like using the turbo hybrid

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I was wishing I had the big boy today. first time I didn't have enough hose for 2 tools. It really sucks watching your helper work so hard. Haha

Gene

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
02B54AF8-8118-435A-BD6B-D35CFF3EAEB8_zpsac0j5alb.jpg

Reactions: Russ T. and tmdry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom