Anyone use the host machine to scrub carpets.?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I need something lighter and smaller than a big scrubber, but I defiantly need to be scrubbing my carpets. Any ideas would be great. I have been scrubbing with a push broom with not great success.

Grant D

I pre-scrub every carpet with either my host machine or sebo/windsor depending on carpet type. Love the Host machine, I use the soft, white, and zebra brushes depending on carpet type. I can't compare it to the pilemaster/whittaker type machines as I've never used them but I like it a lot more than the iCapsol/Procaps which I used to own and sold about a year ago.

I would rather spend the time doing a really good pre-vac instead of a scrub. Add a post heat option so you can maintain higher temps or flow if you want to go that route and ditch the pre-scrub or just do it the really nasties and even then you may not need it.

White Collar said:
Forgive my ignorance but what is a post heat option? My truckmount gets pretty hot.

I see you have the Champ which is basically like a Prochem Blazer and isn't a hot truckmount. Post heat is just adding a propane heater to heat the water after it exits the machine. Your machine will then be a bonified fire breather. I was never big on heat until I started using The Everest after using the Legend XL for 3 years. My chemical usage has been more than cut in half.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Very cool. I think that does sound like a pretty good idea. Not much of a mechanic. Would my local interlink supplier be able to do something like that.

Name
Nate W.
A sebo or host will do wonders. I bought the Windsor dri-matic on ebay not too long ago with the rest of the other guys here. Imho, I believe if you scrub any carpet, you will always yield better results. Since you have hot water from your TM, get a cheap host or sebo unit and go from there. Plus, when you pre scrub, you will use less chemical then not.

Fire breather machines will wear on your hoses, quick connects, and burn you. Plus it costs a lot then a scrubber. I believe you'll be much happier with a pre scrub and you'll be impressed. :D

Greenie

Chump and Rototvac doesn't sound like hot water to me?
Maybe hotter than you would shower with.

You won't be getting too many post heat answers from your local, just know you can research little giant heaters and you'll find some answers.

If you PM or email me, I'll try and help a little, do you have access to a LG heater?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sebo is a great light weight scrubber.
When I have some nasties, prespray the O2 on the heavy side, give it a good scrub and some dwell, and enjoy the results.
It makes the regular maintenance cleaning pretty easy too!
You can watch the video on my website to see how it works.

The Preacher

agitation will out perform heat/chemical/ dwell any day.

now if you have all of the above, your cleaning pie will be mighty tasty!

Grant D

To answer your question, I got my Host on ebay. Got a great deal on a "freestyle" which comes with a vacuum mounted on the handle. I was hoping to be able to use it for pre-vac on rat nasties but the vac part doesn't work too great so I just took the vacuum off and use it like a normal host machine. Cost on ebay seems to be around 2-300 for machines with a few minor issues and 5-700 for machines in great shape. Hard to find spare brushes so if you see one that comes with multiple sets of brushes I'd go for that one.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Sebo kicks it for Residential scrubbing, and weighs like 10 lbs, cant beat it. Also tucks in nicely behind a chemical shelf so it takes up virtually no room in the truck.

Back
Top Bottom