anyone used a box van like this??

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I bought mine used but you can get them at any Ford truck dealer. If they don't have one they can get you one. Mine was the 12 foot 1 ton. Roll up door on the side would have been better.

Becker

Name
Becker
Adam, did you have a pass though to the cargo area?

A local painter uses them in their fleet. They look pretty good going down the road.

Supersucker

I wish I had bought one last time I needed a van. They are the same size as a regular van, but due to the straight walls, you can get so much more in. Adding a rolling/shutter-type door to the side should be easy. Reels at the rear on top of a nice deep pull-out storage drawer. I think with the dimensions of my machine, I could even put the chem rack on the driver's side with another access door, and have a lot of room in the back for porty's, scrubbers, etc.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
steve g said:
albradham said:
I have 3 trucks like this one, two 12's and a 10. They are my favorite for Carpet Cleaning trucks. The FRP is great to work with. Call me and I can help you with side doors or painting we do it all ourselves.

can you post a pic of your trucks?? also price wise how did they compare to a regular van, I used to drive NPR's with 14ft box's and gas motors, those trucks got 6-7mpg which is unacceptable I would image a dually van with the wide box would get about the same, I like the idea of the single rear wheel narrow box truck, because I think the mileage should be much closer to that of a regular van.

dude your high...I have the 16' budget rental truck, and i get 10..yeah not 15 but no where near the 6-7...

and mine is loaded as hell..

ohhh and no translucent here in utah...have to insulate them things to keep from freezing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom