Anyone using Amazon Services yet?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Whatever happened to Amazon Services? Has anyone been using it? Are you getting business from it?

I just read an article today on how this will be over taking Facebook and Yelp in the near future. I went through the entire application process a little while back and at the end submitted our workers comp, liability etc. and never heard back. Didn't pursue it after that.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Oops... How do I change the typo in the title of my thread? This is probably why Amazon didn't want me. :shifty:

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
They are nutz. What's the cleaners incentive?
A steady stream of unprofitable work, that if it become the lions share of your book will most surely knock you out of business.

Hell yeah, sign me up! :oldrolleyes:

Fookers! :lol:
Another business model designed in a corporate board room by people "with manicures". (I kept it generic so the transgenders would feel better)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The problem is are you going to keep those customers and make them clients?

If Groupon is an example then its pretty doubtful you will. Those people have been trained as well as Pavlov's dogs, they need carpet cleaning go back to the deep discounts. Its meat powder, hard to resist! :winky:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
jcooper said: ↑
I believe they(amazon) wanted like 25%. I passed.
What is the actual cost of acquiring a customer with your current marketing?

Actual new custys that know nothing about us, about 7-10 bucks for booked job.

susclean

Name
alejandro c
i have asked this question various places over the recent months an no one seems to use it. A few that have signed up haven't really spoken up about it being great.

i applied but got denied bc i'm too new (i guess that's why) - not enough reviews/history etc.

F 'em i say!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If that's the only reply I'm getting off my question, then I'm not screwing with them. Heck, even if you big city boys can't make money off amazon, my little country ass won't.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Try it first. Just job cost and keep an eye on them.

I believe it has three potential issues for you.

1) Can you make enough profit for it to be worth your while or are your efforts better spent elsewhere.

2) Can you live with the terms? I don't know the particulars but many of these outfits hold all or some of your money for some length of time.

3) Can you handle the stream of work directed your way and it not disrupt your regular book of business?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Try it first. Just job cost and keep an eye on them.

I believe it has three potential issues for you.

1) Can you make enough profit for it to be worth your while or are your efforts better spent elsewhere.

2) Can you live with the terms? I don't know the particulars but many of these outfits hold all or some of your money for some length of time.

3) Can you handle the stream of work directed your way and it not disrupt your regular book of business?
My main concerns are:
Let's say they purchased a package of 3areas and a living room. I get there, and find out that 2 of the areas are flooded with urine, and they want their couch cleaned also. Do I need to waste time, getting them to go back to amazon to adjust the purchase, or just increase the price, and get them to pay me the difference while I'm there, therefore making me look like a bad guy, because they didn't get their awesome amazon price????

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I think I'd check with Amazon and see what their answer is. Unfortunately there is potential for that to happen.
There is a potential for that to happen if they Called In. Where are you and what is the population of your market? not sure where that is in GA.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is a potential for that to happen if they Called In. Where are you and what is the population of your market? not sure where that is in GA.
Northeast Georgia, and my population with 20mile radius is about 100k people

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
My main concerns are:
Let's say they purchased a package of 3areas and a living room. I get there, and find out that 2 of the areas are flooded with urine, and they want their couch cleaned also. Do I need to waste time, getting them to go back to amazon to adjust the purchase, or just increase the price, and get them to pay me the difference while I'm there, therefore making me look like a bad guy, because they didn't get their awesome amazon price????
I would do the latter to make it easier on everyone.
When I do online deals like that, I have in the fine print that urine and red stains are not included.
I don't think you would be a bad guy to anyone but the worst of customers. Most people will understand extenuating circumstances like they decided to do another area after buying or that certain things require more work than normal cleaning. Just be upfront and honest and people will respect you for it. If I do need to charge more I tell people why give them the option to have me do the extra or just do what they paid for. Lots will tell you to do it and some will say I don't have any more money so do what you can and anything will be an improvement on what we currently have.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I would do the latter to make it easier on everyone.
When I do online deals like that, I have in the fine print that urine and red stains are not included.
I don't think you would be a bad guy to anyone but the worst of customers. Most people will understand extenuating circumstances like they decided to do another area after buying or that certain things require more work than normal cleaning. Just be upfront and honest and people will respect you for it. If I do need to charge more I tell people why give them the option to have me do the extra or just do what they paid for. Lots will tell you to do it and some will say I don't have any more money so do what you can and anything will be an improvement on what we currently have.
I clicked on the application icon in the email and filled it out. If I don't like how much amazon wants off the job, or there's some shady spots in the agreement, I'll cancel it. They said they'd look at my application and get back with me within 5days. So we'll see

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Looked into it and, short story, decided to pass.

Had a long conversation at ISSA/ARCSI with the amazon services rep. He finally agreed that it doesn't work for carpet cleaners, but if we joined we could help them get it squared away. You Betcha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom