Anyone using/demo'ed a Prochem 650 ???

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I asked my distributor about them, and I was thinking about giving one of them a call. They were for the most part, all reputable cleaning companies.

TimP

Based on the specs of the machine I'm not too interested. The vacuum is set at 13 hg and can only handle .06 flow for heat according to the manual. I don't know if anyone has pumped it up higher above manufacturer spec and if it can handle it, however it should. The only reason anyone would really be interested in it for dual wand work and you might as well buy a V in my opinion. I'd probably buy a smaller machine if I was going to single wand. I'm sure you could get it to dual wand with a post heater and cranking up the engine and HG's and put some 2.5 ports on it. But like I said if you want to dual wand you might as well do it right and buy a V or AT.

TimP said:
Based on the specs of the machine I'm not too interested. The vacuum is set at 13 hg and can only handle .06 flow for heat according to the manual. I don't know if anyone has pumped it up higher above manufacturer spec and if it can handle it, however it should. The only reason anyone would really be interested in it for dual wand work and you might as well buy a V in my opinion. I'd probably buy a smaller machine if I was going to single wand. I'm sure you could get it to dual wand with a post heater and cranking up the engine and HG's and put some 2.5 ports on it. But like I said if you want to dual wand you might as well do it right and buy a V or AT.

That's what I wanted to know!

Greenie

Keep in mind its an extended #4 blower, it has the same 4" gear but with an extended lobe, so there is going to be a problem running higher lift, you can only put so much stress on a 4" gear, think of it as a 45 blower that can potentially make 650 cfm.

Personally, I'm not sure why they didn't just stay with a 5M blower?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
But like I said if you want to dual wand you might as well do it right and buy a V or AT. Not everyone can afford a V or AT.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm sure Scott or Shawn will be along shortly to set the record straight.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
2.5 port mod

I welded 2.5 ports in my lint trap,also went .12 flow and 2.5 hose, Its better now, but its not a AT. Blower is a tri lobe dual oil splash, but only a 4.10 with 650 cfm.

Vince Feehan

Greenie

Hopefully Rex will be along soon to explain what 2.5" hose can do for a 13"hg limitation.

TimP

Rex runs i think 11 or 12 hg with his #5 blower, restricted so because it's on a PTO. With the 2.5" hose he's able to dual wand with it (with his post heater of course). If you can reduce the restriction and get the lift and CFMs to the wand you can move air a lot easier. However I don't know if he has to keep the wands on the ground but he's able to do it, but I think he does it mostly on CGD carpet. I know he has some limitations to his set up vs a Vortex but he can do it. He'll be around eventually to give us the ins and outs of it.

Like I was saying about the 650 you'll have to modify it and add a post heater like Rex. I would rather just buy a machine set up to handle it stock if I had the need for a dual wand machine. If I had to go slide in I'd look at the Thermal wave II, it runs higher lift and I believe it can be adjusted higher. But it will need a post heater too. With 2.5 ports and hose I think it would be the better choice IMO.

Back
Top Bottom