Anyone using door hangers?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Stay away from the mailbox flags, that will still get you in trouble. I think if the message is right they will work or you wouldn't see so many

chris1

As a newbie, what would be your suggestions on the best advertising/marketing with a very small budget. What would be the most impactful in the shortest amount of time? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fyers??Where?? Door Hanger?? Post Cards?? Dirct Mail?? I don't know and just getting more confussed as I research.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We always do the five around. Takes almost no time or money and brings in a few a year in a area I already work.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I wrote some ideas to help you out then I went to your website and saw the Bullshit you wrote about steam cleaning and truckmounts so I came back here and erased it. You are as uneducated about "steam cleaning" as you appear to be about marketing.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
FLYERMAN said:
I wrote some ideas to help you out then I went to your website and saw the Bullshit you wrote about steam cleaning and truckmounts so I came back here and erased it. You are as uneducated about "steam cleaning" as you appear to be about marketing.

I was just going to email him my flyer. Glad I saw your post.

Name
I'm Rick James
I did that a couple of years ago and got work for it. But with new laws here about stuff like that I just decided to focus my energy on other marketing outlets. I would get around a 3% return sometimes, depending on the area. I got a lot of praise from people here with how the door hanger looked, so I can jpeg you a copy so you can see if the style and content is something youre interested in. I didnt design the door hanger, I had someone who is no longer with us do it for us.. I will PASS IT FORWARD if anyone wants it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
chris1 said:
As a newbie, what would be your suggestions on the best advertising/marketing with a very small budget. What would be the most impactful in the shortest amount of time? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fyers??Where?? Door Hanger?? Post Cards?? Dirct Mail?? I don't know and just getting more confussed as I research.

You left out one of the cheapest form of marketing. It also has a very good rate of return.

That is to optimize and build web cred for your Google Places listing.

I already revieved four jobs this morning from it.

Cold marketing with all the stuff you listed above has a very low rate responce.

Watch this for a start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnB9HpBK ... re=related

Bucey

Name
FFA?
FLYERMAN said:

I checked it out too! Poor fella lives in my area. Following the route of the local Crap Dry! yellow page ad is a joke for the Crap Dry! The classic smear tactic! Never ends.

dday

I wish all of my competitors were dry/encap/padder/bonet or what have you carpet cleaners cleaners.

lance

Ken, does his website make you a little extra mad because he OP's the carpets (I know you have said that your op machine didn't work for you like John G. said it would)? The info is just the usual cliches about hwe in order to scare the customer......but then it also probably hits home to a lot of people who have had bad experiences with other cleaners.

Really, would you let Stan Steemer or Chem Lie clean your own carpets? Few on this board would. So the average hwe guy does do things that makes customers unhappy, ie. leaves carpet wet and doesn't do any kind of "real cleaning" like you do. High quality cleaners are a minority and not the majority.

It does strike me as funny when low-moisture guys also say that they can really clean furniture. In my opinion you have to hwe with a good upholstery tool in order for that to happen. I am not a big believer in encapping furniture as it is not hard nowadays to do a really good job with either a portable or a TM.

Chris, I do OP as well as HWE. You might want to make your website tell people the good things about the op system and not just beat down hwe. Present positive OP things more insttead of having a lot of negatives about hwe. And take a ride along with a good hwe guy so that you can experience what the system can really do. OP works really well, and HWE does too.

For marketing you have to solve a problem and give a reason for the customer to call. If you are going to do flyers make sure to knock on lots of doors and introduce yourself to those that answer. Don't hard sell, just give them the flyer and ask a few questions like "have you had your carpets cleaned recently?.....if not, why?......if so, did you like the results?" Simple with no BS.

Three things that all marketing needs is a headline, a list of benefits the customer gets from you, and an offer that gives them a reason to buy your services. Before and after pics also help. You need good results and great customer service in this business because you are going into their home and they want you to be careful and trustworthy while you are there.

Good luck with your business. Talk to John Guerkink in kentucky as he makes and uses OP machines and knows a lot about marketing and getting new customers. CCSOP.com is his website.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
First of all there is no such thing as "steam cleaning" when it comes to carpet cleaning. When you see the term "steam cleaning" that is simply a marketing ploy. There is simply no way to steam clean a carpet. What is actually being done is called Hot Water Extraction. Hot or warm water is mixed with a detergent and sprayed onto the carpet at 400-500 psi (pounds per square inch). The water is then sucked out of the carpet with a vacuum attachment. So what you have is just power washing your carpets. The problem is that the dirt and water are driven down deep into the carpet backing and subfloor which can cause health issues and may cause the spots and stains to reappear when the carpet eventually dries.
Our goal is clean carpets and happy customers!
clean carpet fayetteville nc

Our system does not inject water down to the backing, padding and subfloor. Our system gently scrubs the carpet fibers down to the bottom and we extract the dirt with super absorbent cleaning pads. Our system uses a fraction of the water that is used in other systems or methods. Your carpets will be dry in about 2 hours with very little chance of spots reappearing and with all of the health benefits of a professionally cleaned carpet.

what a asshole thing to write and say..i love the lies and scare Tactics!! i STEAM CLEAN and the carpets are dry in 1-2 hrs always!! so your system that uses
a fraction of the water must really suck it it takes that long to dry..

when customers read crap like this and ask me about it i simply ask them how they take a shower or wash their cloths or car or anything they wash..
is it being rinsed with fresh clean water or rubbed with a rag and not rinsed? it answers itself..
go lather your hair with shampoo and dry it with a towel without rinsing the soap out of your hair and tell us how that works for ya..

i dont care how you clean in anyway shape or fashion but i dont like how you lie about how i clean.. thats the issue most people
have with you..your trying to scare people into using a crappy cleaning method because you ether dont have the money for a good
one or are uneducated/experienced..

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
His website won't open now

A computer guy here partnered with another company and had doorhangers distributed around town. Haven't heard his response yet.
We're planning on doing a flyer to our area, me on one side, him on the other. The tweak will be a testimonial from me about him and a note to flip the page for great computer service, and on my flyer would be his testimonial about me and a note to flip the page for great carpet cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use low moisture too, no need to bash methods. Try selling the benefits of OP instead of bashing other carpet cleaners.

HWE/Steam Cleaning is recognized by Shaw, the largest manufacturer of carpet.

Shaws choice: Hot water extraction

Research indicates that the hot water extraction system provides the best capability for cleaning. This system is commonly referred to as "steam cleaning," although no steam is actually generated. The process consists of applying a cleaning agent into the carpet pile and using water in the extractor to recover the used solution and soil. This can be done from a truck-mounted unit outside the home with only the hose and wand brought inside or by a portable system brought into the home.

Shaw warranties require that the homeowner be able to show proof of periodic cleaning by hot water extraction (commonly called "steam" cleaning) by a professional cleaning service or do-it-yourself system, using equipment that is certified under the Carpet and Rug Institute's Seal of Approval program. We strongly recommend cleaning systems that have achieved the Gold Level Performance in the CRI Seal of Approval Program. Click here for a list of Gold Level Performers.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ron Werner said:
His website won't open now

A computer guy here partnered with another company and had doorhangers distributed around town. Haven't heard his response yet.
We're planning on doing a flyer to our area, me on one side, him on the other. The tweak will be a testimonial from me about him and a note to flip the page for great computer service, and on my flyer would be his testimonial about me and a note to flip the page for great carpet cleaning.

A few testimonials from "real" clients would carry more weight.

The bias of you recommending each other would be pretty clear for all to see.

Prospects just relate better to clients with similar problems that were solved.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ron Werner said:
we are each other's clients
He's fixed my computers
I've cleaned his store carpets

Then a better option is to swap data base of clients.

Have him recommend YOUR company to HIS clients in a marketing piece and you do the same for him.

His recommendation will then have weight when his clients read about your company and how much he loves your service.

Make the marketing piece about your company have the logo and return address of computer guy(even though you will pay for the mailing costs) And visa versa

Here is an article on Joint ventures. I'm sure you can find others that even have sample of copy for a joint venture reccomendation letter.

http://www.seositecheckup.com/articles/91

Think of all the walking this will save.

Then you can both market to warm prospects as opposed to the cold flyer marketing.

If you do this with several companies it can be a way to achieve rapid growth.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I know what he's talking about. I first heard of that marketing strategy from Piranha marketing 10yrs ago.

You find a company/busn that has a data base. Basically, you write a letter as if written by that busn endorsing your busn and its mailed out to that database. Because they have done busn with that company there is a trust already established and their endorsement will carry more weight. Its best to have an offer with the letter that is worded such that it seems as if its a gift from that busn. This serves to One, provide more busn for you, and Two, it makes the other busn more endeared to its clients.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Charlie and Brent,

If your willing to share your marketing ideas or copies of your fliers.. could I get a copy to review and borrow some of your ideas?

I have my own ideas but then I get mirered down in trying to add this, take out that, put that back in... attempting to create the perfect marketing piece. I end up wasting so much time and never get anything finished. Usually what I do finish is crap (in my opinion). I can PM my email to you if that's more convenient.

Thanks,
Bill

G

I use door hangers all the time. I pay high school kids to put them out. It works grate for me. I get a lot of business that way. shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James
Captain Morgan said:
Charlie and Brent,

If your willing to share your marketing ideas or copies of your fliers.. could I get a copy to review and borrow some of your ideas?

I have my own ideas but then I get mirered down in trying to add this, take out that, put that back in... attempting to create the perfect marketing piece. I end up wasting so much time and never get anything finished. Usually what I do finish is crap (in my opinion). I can PM my email to you if that's more convenient.

Thanks,
Bill

PM me your email address I will send you my postcard, business cards and my old invoice. Its all original and feel free to use whatever you want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom