Anyone using Linux Mint?

Bob Foster

Setting up a box and running it on the side to see how I like it.

That and going to go more Google centric for email, contacts and calendar because it seems to make more sense. FOOK MS!

http://www.linuxmint.com/

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Nope I run Ubuntu and Windows 7. I've tried most of them, redhat, slackware, freebsd, mandrake, but not the one you mention, I just might have to.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Have used a lot of open source, some works acceptably, some have enough frustrating glitches that I'd rather pay for more finished products. Am I the only one that hates the way Wordpress bug fixes screw things up? Now on Redhat version 14 on work computers. Our tech guy says to stay two versions behind so you don't have to run the even more glitchy bug fix downloads.

PS: Fook MS is a popular anti-establishment chant, but the way Google operates makes Microsoft look like your loving grandmother. Microsoft only wants to own your computer. Google openly wants to own your life and secretly covets the way Apple owns the souls of their users.

PPS: Sorry for the sidetrack. Let us know if Mint works. By works, I mean runs the software you want to run AND recognizes peripherals without you having to write your own code.

Bob Foster

The peripheral issue is the big question. I run dual monitors and tend to have a lot of USB stuff happening. I agree about Google but I want to use there calender and a few other things. Going to take Chromium for a test drive.

TB that MS bought Skype.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The Great Oz said:
PS: Fook MS is a popular anti-establishment chant, but the way Google operates makes Microsoft look like your loving grandmother. Microsoft only wants to own your computer. Google openly wants to own your life and secretly covets the way Apple owns the souls of their users.

I could not agree with this more, I had a nice chuckle when I first read it, thanks!

PPS: Sorry for the sidetrack. Let us know if Mint works. By works, I mean runs the software you want to run AND recognizes peripherals without you having to write your own code.

Yeah, thats the problem I always have. I actually prefer a command line based OS doing most of what I want to do in *nix, but unfortunately I need a GUI based one, but one that plays nice with others(MS) - without have to break up fights

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom