Anyone using Mytee's Lint Hog in line vacuum debri filter?

theden

I guess they are supposed to take the place of the old swimming pool filter design. Just curious if anyone is using one yet. Sapphire Scientific also recently came out with an in-line filter box that looks very cool but is $495. As cool as it is, I don't know if it would make our cleaning any better or easier. Just curious about any pros or cons on the Mytee in-line Lint Hog debri filter.

Re: Anyone using Mytee's Lint Hog in line vacuum debri filte

I dont have any first hand knowledge on the lint hog but from lurking on the boards I've noticed that mytee really stands behind their products.

Name
jack zerkie

Iv,e been using it for over 6 mths, it does what it was made to do. I miss not being able to see inside , the old style was clear, but this unit is much stronger and if you drop it justs keeps working and at a fair price. I,m glad I have it, worth the money. jz.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

what supplier/disty closest to me has the 2.5 version in stock??

if you're a board advertiser/$upporter
PM me, or just send it

I need one

..L.T.A.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care

i have one, like it a lot.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

The new wider version looks better.. are you guys running new or old versions?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale

meAt said:
what supplier/disty closest to me has the 2.5 version in stock??

if you're a board advertiser/$upporter
PM me, or just send it

I need one

..L.T.A.

I need one as well ASAP

thanks

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

The new Mytee filter is stouter and fatter than the old one, and comes in either 2" or 2.5". The only problem with it is the Mytee uses Mytee Cuff Lynx at either end. If you use any other type of cuffs, you'll have to switch to Mytee.

The Devastator is much larger with way more filter capacity, and comes in a variety of configurations. The Dev can have 2 -2" inlets (your choice of inlet connectors), and one out put. For instance, you can run 2 -2" vac hoses to the Dev and come out the other end with a 2.5", or a 2" connector.

The dev has a liner filter inside the SS basket, instead of knee-high. The Dev will also serve as the Y when running 4 to the door, thus eliminating purchasing a Y.

You can clean all day with the Dev, maintain full vacuum, and not have to dump it.

Jerry

Supportive Member

I just got a Mytee 2 1/2 from John Olsen, Superior. I did some things to it to accomodate cool cuffs, This spring I will change everything over to mytees connectors.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree

Bob Savage said:
The new Mytee filter is stouter and fatter than the old one, and comes in either 2" or 2.5". The only problem with it is the Mytee uses Mytee Cuff Lynx at either end. If you use any other type of cuffs, you'll have to switch to Mytee.

My Cool Cuffs match right up to my Mytee Cuffs.

Reactions: Mark Shannon

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman

I have the new fat one. I don't care too much for the fancy cuffs, so I just ran a short piece of of hose off it to a normal poor man cuff.

starrett

My cool cuffs work just fine with it . My 2.5 inch reducer cuff in, 2 inch out to wand. The O rings are a pain but minimal issues.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

AshleyMckendree said:
Bob Savage said:

thats what i was gonna say

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

Ashley and FloorGuy said:
I was told the other cuffs on the market would not be compatible with the Cuff Lynx.

I guess I was told wrong.

Farenheit251

I got the new wide 2.5".. I completely caved it in to where the sides touch. I do clean restaurants at 240 degrees and 15 flow, You Prochem guys should be fine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Farenheit251 said:
I got the new wide 2.5".. I completely caved it in to where the sides touch.

well hellsbells ...I thought Mytee fixed that issue???

..L.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera

meAt said:
Farenheit251 said:
I got the new wide 2.5".. I completely caved it in to where the sides touch.

well hellsbells ...I thought Mytee fixed that issue???

..L.T.A.

As far as I knew, we did. I've offered to replace it, but have not heard from him yet. I would like to see what happened since this was the first.

Farenheit251

John, Thanks for the offer to replace my collapsed Lint Hog. I did run it at some extreme heat and flow and I accept the consequences. I don't think replacing it would really help as it is just going to happen again.
Joe B ristor called to yell at me for being cheap and not listening to him. I've ordered a devestator as I think the PVC will stand up to my heat better and with the restaurants I clean the Linthog was filling too fast and losing vac.
Ironically, I would never considered spending as much as the devestator cost until I realized how much I liked the benefits of the Linthog.

Name
John LaBarbera

Farenheit251 said:
John, Thanks for the offer to replace my collapsed Lint Hog. I did run it at some extreme heat and flow and I accept the consequences. I don't think replacing it would really help as it is just going to happen again.
Joe B ristor called to yell at me for being cheap and not listening to him. I've ordered a devestator as I think the PVC will stand up to my heat better and with the restaurants I clean the Linthog was filling too fast and losing vac.
Ironically, I would never considered spending as much as the devestator cost until I realized how much I liked the benefits of the Linthog.

No problem. Sorry you got yelled at.

Jerry

Supportive Member

that happens with Joe.....

Name
Scott

I like this style the best so far. The last plastic bullet styles would break and crack at the lid and you would have to buy the whole setup again since they are not making just the lids. I pcan see this lasting for a much longer time.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs

This has no doubt been discussed before but where is the best place to have the filter?(closer to the TM or closer to the wand) I currently have a 2" pool filter between the my 2.5" hose and the 2" lead hose. I need to replace it and need to decide if I should get a 2" or 2.5".

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

Farenheit251 said:
I've ordered a devestator as I think the PVC will stand up to my heat better and with the restaurants I clean the Linthog was filling too fast and losing vac.

I really like my Lint Hog, Thanks John.

As far as the devastator holding up better under heat, I did a search for the melting points of the two materials. I found a melting point of 250F for polyethylene (Lint Hog) and 176F for PVC (Devastator). So if it's really the heat causing the damage, the Devastator might not fare any better. I have a hard time seeing how you could have temps even approaching either value though, for water that has been sprayed onto carpet then recovered in a flowing airstream.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Lee Stockwell said:
Take everything you read here with a grain of salt.

are you saying it might be a flame Lee???

or worse yet, some way to try and discredit something/someone, while putting in a blurp for something else???

ohhhh the nerve :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

I run very high heat and high flow with my El Diablo. 2.5" Linthog.

That said -there is no way the heat would cause this thing to collapse! If I have 100-200 feet of vacuum hose to cool down that solution, it cannot weaken out this Linthog. I cleaned a restaurant last week with consistent 230-240F at 20flow- you can't even hold the wand it gets soo hot with the water running thru it. It didn't bother the Linthog at all.

As far as losing vacpower- I have the bag of nylons that came with it. I replace the nylons halfway thru a job, and just collect the used ones in a bag.
When I wash towels for my Orbot and spotting towels I just take the nylons and shake the large debris out and toss them into the washer! They come out like new and are ready to be used again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom