anyone using yellowpages.com for advertising

matt sheppard

met a rep for yellowpages.com the other day. theyll do a single page with video, links to youtube etc. optimization and a one inch ad for $91 a month. seems to good to be true but it is the yellow pages after all.

let the feedback begin

thanks

matt

M

Mr Carpet

I would think that advertising online along with your competition would be the last place you would want you ad to appear.

Especially you can just as easily and for far less money have you own web page without any competition.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use Att yellowpages.com
They did my website and then I redid it to make it perty. (I have talked about this tons)

It is the biggest money maker next to referrals for me. but...you have to get the biggest ad up top and a ton of clicks and all that.

I just doubled my spending on my ad so we will see what happens. It's a leap of faith but give how much money I have made off of the previous, I am pretty confident.

check it out
www.prioritycleaner.com

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
My only reservation is that ATT can be a lying cheating shitfilth place to deal with, which is a shame being that they play such a dominate role in the market. My ad rep has sent me a proposal to create and optimize my web site which I haven't opened yet being that I have such contempt for them. But it is business, and I need a web site.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Art Kelley said:
My only reservation is that ATT can be a lying cheating shitfilth place to deal with, which is a shame being that they play such a dominate role in the market. My ad rep has sent me a proposal to create and optimize my web site which I haven't opened yet being that I have such contempt for them. But it is business, and I need a web site.

The one thing about the website is that it is easy to work with. I did the whole thing myself and I am a dumbass when it comes to computers.

Word to the wise: Get your own Domain name IE: Service1carpetcleaning.com...they own Service1carpetcleaning.net. .net sucks anyway so I advertise .com and forward it to their website. This way, if I ever stop using them I won't have to worry about re-advertising a new web address or trying to "buy" it from them.

BUSY BEE

Art Kelley said:
I couldn't agree with you more, AT&T yellow pages and yellow pages.com is nothing but a $$$ hungry sleaze beuracracy (did I spell that right? whatever, they suck). They were BFing me at $295 a month a few years ago with little or no return per month and like the phone book I had to keep it for a year. There are many other ways to advertise on the internet with better results I've found since I quit AT&T.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ATT is like any other Advertiser. Full of Shit but you get what you make of any ad.

A little under $500.00/month ad has brought me a little under $1500.00 so far this month.
This is not counting when people see my website from Service Magic, Reach Local, superpages, Repeat Customers, Angies list, Referrals, Letip, phone book, you name it.

Most of my customers will see my website and make their decision.

With that said, The ad more than pays for it's self and makes money. The website that it does for me does the same and keeps me respectable.

If anyone has a problem with this advertiser they might want to look at the ad they are producing and their company as whole.

Any questions?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Side note
Service Magic is doing better than the ATT ad.
But Repeat customers is 52% of my business this month.

BUSY BEE

Brian Robison said:
Side note
Service Magic is doing better than the ATT ad.
But Repeat customers is 52% of my business this month.
Hi Brian. I've seen some of yer ads when I was in the Sac area, any success doing the pay per click stuff? That and my web guy loading my site with the right key words was all I needed to land a lot of tile and stone work when I was out there. BTW, my ads looked great when I was with AT&T, that was the only thing they did right for me, as for my business, I'm starting in a new market and learning from past mistakes: I'll stay far away from AT&T yellow pages & yellowpages.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not being computer or net savy, all as I can say is it sends leads to me and I am making money off of it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm getting the idea that ATT is bad thing? :lol:

I am stuck with them for another year, we will see how it goes.
The last two years have been really good to me.

If I make double what I pay, it's worth keeping the ad for customer retention.

I am taking a big leap of faith with them this year so we will see how it goes.

I can't say enough, if your ad isn't working it's probably not the advertisers fault. The design is important and that is up to the owner to authorize.

People are seeing it, are they seeing your "competition" and liking them better for whatever reason. It takes research and creativity to make decent ad. It takes years of dealing with your demographic to make that research and creativity work.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I did a guaranteed per click advertising with yellow pages.com I was under the understanding that I would be in the main search listings, not in the sponsored links listing to the right, I specifically said I never click the ads to the right, that is what I got, noone ever clicks on the links to the right unless they have looked at all the others, its a total joke, although I didn't know it at the time, from my understanding getting in the main search results is all about optimization and visits to your site

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Yellow pages.com

Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save Your money!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Their rep sent me over a guarantee of first page placement yesterday. Still not sure I should bite even though its only 250/month. First page just means I'll be somewhere in the other 25 listings on the front page.

Brian, how many calls/ jobs were you getting before you purchased the pimp package?

I get more new customers from that ad (they do my website as well) than any other marketing except personal networking and referrals.

I get about 25 actual jobs per month on average.

I get a good amount of referrals (because I ask for them) and repeat customer as well that came from that ad so you have to consider the residuals.

Great ad for me, but it took about 6 months for it to do anything...Don't know why.
Optimization maybe?

G

Spend that much money with google; heck I imagine they would make it so your competitors all appear on page 2!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom