Name
Becker
rainbow01.jpg

rainbow02.jpg

rainbow03.jpg

rainbow04.jpg

rainbow06.jpg

rainbow07.jpg

Older parts of Everett do have combination Sewer/Storm water treatment. But would you take the risk?

I was at my local distributor a few weeks ago and the water authority showed up. One of the neighbors had complained because someone had dumped there tank in there front yard and it smelled really bad. The told the owner that nobody could dump on the grass. They also said that they are cracking down on carpet cleaners and have been out taking pictures of people dumping. They said the first fine was $20,000 for dumping in a storm sewer. They said if you have permission from the home owner that you can dump in the grass. I think I am going to get an auto pump out and drain to the toilet.
If you want to you could get that guy in ALOT of trouble. It really ticks me off when people dump that crap into the storm sewers it goes right to lake ontario.

-JB-

Name
JB
They said if you have permission from the home owner that you can dump in the grass.

Yeah, umm I'd research that one a lil more.

Doesn't sound kosher to me.

Not sayin, just sayin.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I really don't know why people get so upset.

True, it is very unprofessional to dump where your not authorized but here's my take.

1. My Dad dumped in a small runoff ditch by our home outside of town for 10 years. The grass was always greenest where he dumped everyday.

2. I had one cleaner that used to dump into a 300 gallon tank behind his house that was hooked up to his sprinkler system. Had the best lawn in the neighborhood.

It's no worse than washing machine water. I wouldn't water my tomatoes with it but it's not going to hurt anything.

With that said I have no idea what it would do to aquatic life.

And I certainly wouldn't have the setup that Rainbow did right there.

Love the diagram Becker :)

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
MicahR said:

True, it is very unprofessional to dump where your not authorized but here's my take.

1. My Dad dumped in a small runoff ditch by our home outside of town for 10 years. The grass was always greenest where he dumped everyday.

2. I had one cleaner that used to dump into a 300 gallon tank behind his house that was hooked up to his sprinkler system. Had the best lawn in the neighborhood.

It's no worse than washing machine water. I wouldn't water my tomatoes with it but it's not going to hurt anything.

Love the diagram Becker :)

I agree, people get all crazy about dirty water how is it any different than washing your car? It's not sewerage. Sometimes when dumping in a coin car wash the owner shows up and starts bitching.. While in the next stall over some idiot had just washed his truck out dumping dirt and landscaping material all over the place :roll: having said that I sure wouldn't be stupid enough to set up like that idiot

gary mackay

I dumped in the street tonight, the sky is falling, tax cheats are running the show in Washington and there is no tomorrow, BFD! I'm cheating on my taxes too!

Farenheit251

For what we pay for sewage on our water bill I can't see how it is being more than minimally processed before being released. Wastewater dumped on grass is going to evaporate and have years to biodegrade in the soil(natures filter).

I had several customers who let me know they didn't like me pumping into the toilet,particularly anyone on septic. Every plumbing problem was caused by you.

I used to clean a REd Lobster across the street from the World's Most Famous beach. I was draining filtered water in the mop sink and am pretty sure that is why I was replaced. Talked to new cleaner when cleaning next door and he always dumps in the storm drain. He can actually watch the waves between the hotels while he drains.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

TYPICALLY, ground dumping is no worse than lawn fertilizer, unless: You're using dry solvents, you're sucking up a lot of greasy soil, you're dumping near plants that are pH sensitive, you use oxidizers.

Dumping within 100 feet of any surface water can do damage in several ways: Your runoff contains chemicals that promote algae growth (that greener grass stuff), Contains oxigination from high velocity air/water mix that kills fish, contains small particulate that doesn't settle out and kills fish, contains chemicals like peroxide that kills fish.

Dump your washing machine into the stream behind your house and you'll see the stream clog with algae and you won't see any fish. Waste water treatment plants do more than you think.

I’ve spoken with guys that were dumping illegally and suggested a better set-up. If they ever acted like jerks or ignored me and kept working I think I might report them. They make us all look bad.

PS: Don't dump in the toilet. Use the washer drain.

The Preacher

Bryan, i saw one of your vans back in August while in Seattle. It was clean, well stocked and attractive lettering.

JB said:
They said if you have permission from the home owner that you can dump in the grass.

Yeah, umm I'd research that one a lil more.

Doesn't sound kosher to me.

Not sayin, just sayin.

Thats what the monroe county water authority guys told me. The Cleaning Cupboard is having them come in to talk about all that stuff. I'll let you know when JB....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bob Foster said:
http://www.crd.bc.ca/wastewater/sourcecontrol/business/carpet.htm

http://www.crd.bc.ca/wastewater/sourcec ... carpet.pdf

Looks like Allan from Service Master in that one pdf.

Gotta love the Victoria sewage treatment. Primary filtration, ie get the chunks out, and out to deep water. Let the ocean currents flush it and dilute it.
They just don't want the algal blooms that occur from stuff in surface water.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just get an apo and pump out behind Mrs. P's flower beds, sheesh...

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have a 100 gal tank, so I can do one big job or two smaller ones before hooking up the apo.

Chris Adkins said:
I have a 100 gal tank, so I can do one big job or two smaller ones before hooking up the apo.

I also have a 100 gal tank, but they hold less than 70 gallons before the shutoff switch kicks in place. 60 gallon tanks hold about 50 gallons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom