Apartment cleaning price list

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I need to give a price list to an apartment manager tomorrow. I have already discussed the price per unit to clean and she has agreed to give me a try. I am getting this complex by referral from the guy who has been cleaning them for the last 12 years, he is getting out of the business. Anyway back to the point. She asked me to give her a price list and I need help to figure out what else should be on my list. I'm sure it's normal to charge extra for some things that I would normally include in my residential cleaning like red stains. Feel free to email me if you wish. Thanks in advance. joey895@gmail.com

Price list
Clean apartment
red stain removal
water extraction service charge
Air mover rental

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
He charged $45 for 1 br, $55 for 2 br, $85 for basic water extraction service charge $20 per day for air mover rental. I don't believe they will bid it out as long as I come in for about the same. Mostly what I'm interested in is the add-ons like red stains, re-stretching, dyes, and anything else I may be missing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
animal probs

restorative/salvage cleaning.

Honestly Joey, I'd try and give them the schmooze about how not every red stain or animal odor prob is equal, so it will be very difficult to give an accurate price and would need to be "per unit" basis.

Maybe set them at ease by telling them, that before you do any work above and beyond "normal" cleaning, you'll call with an exact quote and get approval before proceeding.

They may be just concerned cause they don't know you and don't want to get gouged $70 bucks for $2 worth of deo squirted on a rug.

Offering to call and get approval on serviced above "normal" may help them til they get to know you

good luck, and don't try an be the most expensive apt whore, til they know you're the best.
(if you want the job)
Rate increases can come a a little while later.
Get your foot in the door first and dazzle 'em with bight and shinny carpets.
If that don't work, take a cue from the slick salesman types, and baffle them with BS.....

..L.T.A.

GRHeacock

There isn't much money from routine cleaning. The money is from the add ons, red stain removal, pet deposits, spot dyeing bleached areas, stretching, water damage, and other repairs.

I suggest putting the other items on a time basis rather than a per spot basis, some will be easy, some will be tough, that's why you want a time and materials basis, in my opinion.

When you do anything in addition to the routine cleaning, it should be a line item, describing the problem and the result.

For instance- "8 inch bleached area in Dining room, spot dyed back to match color- $75.00" or whatever.

Gary

G

Joey, keep this in mind. There is some good advice here . The apt complex can replace carpet in a apartment very inexpensively. For instance 100 yards of carpet with cheap 3 or 4 pound pad installed for around 1000.00. Many times if the bill exceeds over 250-400 dollars an apt, the complex could have replaced the carpet for what some people charge. Then they look for other vendors, most complexes pay in 60 to 120 days, some do not pay at all. This field is a double edged sword , be careful and stay on top of it. Good luck.

G

For those prices "jump all over it man" People say you cant make money in apartments? Bull Shit!!!! You do how ever have to set your self up with multi trucks and a route, just like Coke or Pepsi they have routes every day going to the same stores and that is what you want to do. My business in Michigan we do 1.6 mil every year in apartment cleaning. We service over 100 properties

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've had trouble with apartments not being ready ,one instead of the three promised and always and I mean always.......wrong keys !

Quickly learn your lessons there and find better business opportunities.

steve r

ive got 6 complexes i charge $45.00 for 1 bed $65.00 for 2 bed $75.00 2 bd townhouse $85.00 3 bed townhouse. red stains start at $20.00 and totally trashed ones i charge double. they pay within a couple weeks and are all very good to deal with.
i can clean a 1 bed and a 2 bed in about an hour even in seperate buildings unless trashed.
you can also give a min. say $60.00 if only cleaning one 1 bd then they will be sure to give you at least 2.
i have one complex it seems its always on the third floor and its always about three 2 bds at a time. tough days and those are about an hour each unless in same building.

G

I don't think I would be too eager to follow in the footsteps of some guy who is getting out after 12 years in the biz.
Those prices suck!
I don't do apartments.
I like PROFIT,not hourly wages.

$85 for basic W/D?
What is basic water damage?
Sounds like a term some personal injury lawyer might use in court.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Thanks to everyone who responded and emailed me. Even Steve :wink: Those prices do kinda suck but I'm going to stick with them for a while. When I get to the point where they are interfering with my regular residential work I'll raise the prices and I'm sure they'll quit using me. In the mean time I'll use them to fill in my schedule and who knows maybe I'll get lucky and a whole bunch of them will flood then I can make a little money.

Regardless of what happens with this complex I'm getting a good deal out of it. The manager there has already referred me to another property manager of a very high end subdivision. I gave them full residential prices and they agreed. I clean the first one tommorrow. :D 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom