Apartment cleaning

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I hear over and over again that there's no money in apartments. I beg to differ. Just landed another high-rise building. Got it by cleaning a condo for a new owner and at his request, I touched up the common area outside his suite. He took photos, contacted the property manager and presto, I have the job of cleaning 24 hallways at $100 a pop. It will take aprox 6 hours with the Phoenix. $400 per hour is ok I guess.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe it has to do with your particular market.
Here, all the apartment cleaners drive around in beat up, rusted vans with broken heaters and fugly ex-con employees.
We have more luxury highrises that any one company could ever hope to clean. The market is unlimited. Most large American cities are similar, I'm sure.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

JHK

Name
John
We have more luxury highrises that any one company could ever hope to clean. The market is unlimited. Most large American cities are similar, I'm sure.
I think the whole key to your 6 hours and making money is your Phoenix , cause that not gonna happen with TM or high quality portable extraction cleaning

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think the whole key to your 6 hours and making money is your Phoenix , cause that not gonna happen with TM or high quality portable extraction cleaning
If I had to do it with a portable, it would be 2-6 hour days at least. Maybe a little longer. Many of these buildings don't have easy access to water or toilets to dump in. This one does have a gym with washrooms. For vlm, I bring all my own premixed solutions as well as extra water to mix up more if necessary.

JHK

Name
John
If I had to do it with a portable, it would be 2-6 hour days at least. Maybe a little longer. Many of these buildings don't have easy access to water or toilets to dump in. This one does have a gym with washrooms. For vlm, I bring all my own premixed solutions as well as extra water to mix up more if necessary.
How long have you been cleaning with the Phoenix? Do you feel carpets would get as clean and/or stay clean as long as extraction cleaning?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How long have you been cleaning with the Phoenix? Do you feel carpets would get as clean and/or stay clean as long as extraction cleaning?
About a year. Prior to that I was using a Sprayborg and a Cimex for over 4 years. I have a building where I have been doing comparisons. About 4 years ago I switched from HWE to vlm because of the 17 year old double stick installation beginning to fail. I have cleaned these 2 condo buildings once a year for the past 4 years with my vlm combo of machines. I am in these buildings at least once a month doing private jobs and have noticed with the vlm, the carpets seem to stay clean longer. They will be replacing the carpets starting this fall. Starting with the worst floors and completing some time next year. Going to good quality carpet tiles. Although the Sprayborg is a good machine, the phoenix is faster and more aggressive.

Name
Jeff T
Both are needed obviously.
…paycheck…spellcheck🤣
I’m pretty sure the rest of the world spells it differently than you Americans….🤣
But that’s OK John, ya’ll think you’re correct anyway, there’s no point on trying to convince the I-mericans…. CFE6F785-BABE-4E28-9D38-6EDFFC924F05.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JHK

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
fugly ex-con employees.

One of my local apartment cleaners calls his employees "the inmates"

I asked him why he called them that. I thought it was just because he held them in pretty low esteem....but no:

"I get them on a "work release program", so it kinda fits"

Last edited:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Yep, one place I do is like that. No way to park. closest is a block away. and then a good 200 feet till getting to the first stairway leading to the upper floors. I got a cart to load premixed juice, tubs of bonnets, OP and my piece of shit IPS way back when. It did work for that job.
Not to mention all the wet carpet signs , cones etc.

Reactions: Cleanworks

JHK

Name
John
One of my local apartment cleaners calls his employees "the inmates"

I asked him why he called them that. I thought it was just because he held them in pretty low esteem....but no:

"I get them on a "work release program", so it kinda fits"
:rockon::hopeless:

JHK

Name
John
Yep, one place I do is like that. No way to park. closest is a block away. and then a good 200 feet till getting to the first stairway leading to the upper floors. I got a cart to load premixed juice, tubs of bonnets, OP and my piece of shit IPS way back when. It did work for that job.
Not to mention all the wet carpet signs , cones etc.
Not a fan of high rise condos, we do them but still not a fan! To much equipment, set up time, parking, security sign in, and on and on. Make sooooo much more money and easier work residential. TM work is the best!

• Love
Reactions: hogjowl

JHK

Name
John
Not a fan of high rise condos, we do them but still not a fan! To much equipment, set up time, parking, security sign in, and on and on. Make sooooo much more money and easier work residential. TM work is the best!
Rather just go to the beach and look at them not work IN them🤣 …actual condos we work in😳
1630623144543.jpeg

1630623211051.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You have to charge appropriately. I make good money on high-rise condos. Besides carpets, they also have upholstery and sometimes vertical fabric blinds. Doesn't take much to walk out with $800-$1000.

JHK

Name
John
We charge enough, we almost always clean their: carpet, area rugs, some upholstery, patio cushions. Most residential condo units we clean usually invoices exceed $1000.
Still prefer homes to condos. Employee Labor costs are always higher in condos due to all the extra time sucking factors.Homes are much more profitable!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We charge enough, we almost always clean their: carpet, area rugs, some upholstery, patio cushions. Most residential condo units we clean usually invoices exceed $1000.
Still prefer homes to condos. Employee Labor costs are always higher in condos due to all the extra time sucking factors.Homes are much more profitable!
You need good systems. I can clean condos as fast as houses. I can roll all my equipment in one trip. You do need a van that fits in the underground parking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom