APO, How many have and use them?

Rambo

cu, if you do a lot of apts. with your Reactor, and do not have APO, how do you handle all of the wastewater that you generate?

Farenheit251

One thing I've never understood is the need to "auto" pump out. How about just a pump out with a switch that could be used to pump out while packing up. No 14" of lift to fight against and no cycling on and off. But still able to dispose of water propperly.
I've never liked the idea of draining when i can't see what is going on.
Two cleaners near me where competing for a chain of restaurants. The guy cleaning had his pump out hose going to the shrubbery which is more responsible than 80% of the cleaners here. The other cleaner moved his hose into a storm drain then called the police. Now he has a court date. One of them is lying about what happenned.

Scott Rogers

At Stanley, if we saw one of are other trucks we might take the dump hose and stick it into the cab of the van. LOL

R

R W

I can't imagine running without an APO. Brian.....there is no problem with APO's against 14 HG, if you have a proper APO. Mine is external on the Genesis, and it pumps out at 14 HG with no problem.......unless you have an air leak in the system somewhere. I always go for the drain in the garage of the home I'm cleaning. There is usually a sanitary within reach of the truck.

My waste tank probably only holds 60-70 gallons, and I can generate that pretty quick with dual wands.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I still wanna hear from the guys in states/areas where there is no clean out handy???

where do you dump??

run 75' of hose into the bathroom??

Spurling

dirty water

I just found out toilet water is recycled into drinking water.. they say they clean it but also discovered there were traces of prescription drugs still present.. so were getting medicated when we drink a glass of water..before drinking your glass, look out for the corn..

LeeCory

Like Mr. Hodge stated, if your tank only holds about 60 gallons, it will fill up very quickly while dual wanding commercial with good flow. While cleaning a whole house your tank is full by the time you are done. Dumping all this water becomes a full time job in itself.

Up until last week I did not have an auto pumpout. I had it installed and have been testing it this past week, and all I can say is HOLY CRAP. Having this on my machine now is going to save me countless hours of hassle and wasted time. It is going to allow more jobs to be added to the schedule and put many more dollars in my pocket this summer.

Looking back, my decision NOT to purchase the pumpout initially was one of my worst and costliest. The time spent finding a proper place to dump or wasted trips home has been huge.

Live and learn. An auto pumpout is now towards the top of my list as a must have requirement on all future machine purchases.

Rambo,

Judson has made lots of proto-type truckmounts throughout the years.
The very first production truck mount that we made, was not the TNT, it was called the Pro.

slide-in1972-1.jpg

This unit relied on a automatic pump-out full time. The recovery tank was only 25 gallons. The problem with this, is that you are totally relying on the pump-out to work. So to elimiatate this dependency, we designed the TNT, with 125 gallon recovery tank.
One interesting proto-type unit that is still running today, that was designed in 1985. This unit had a belt driven hypro pedistal pump.
But the odd part of the design was the recovery tank was a 4 foot long by 6 inches pvc pipe.
This unit is still running today. It's cleaning hotel rooms at Myrtle Beach, all day long. If you would like to talk to the owner of the unit, I can give you his phone number.
Through the years we have tried every type of pump that you can imagine, and what we offer today on our existing truck mounts, is the Hypro diaphram pump that everyone's using. It has it's own 12 volt motor and a float switch in the recovery tank. With the switch, it only runs a short period of time between cycles. This extends the life of the pump and minimizes total amp. draw. With and external pump, easy to access. Servicing the pump is and easy thing to do.

Thanks,
Les

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I've found the APO to be increasingly important. So much so, that for years now, I've been building systems that don't have recovery tanks... They have "CPO's" (I guess that's an abbreviation for them...)... continuous pump out's.

The trick with a system like that is to use a pump that can run dry indefinitely without being damaged. I found one in 2004 and have been using it ever since...

TimP

Where I'm at it's not required to dump in certain places. You can dump on grass as long as it don't run to a storm drain or natural water (river lake etc.). So I didn't get the pump out and don't see much need for one me. However I can tell you the electric hose reel is worth its weight in gold. Yes it was over priced but well worth the cash in aggravation especially when it heats up. I blew a fuse on mine one time. I started to roll up the hose by hand and said the hell with that and robbed a 30 amp fuse from somewhere else and used the electric reel. Then went to the auto parts store and bought some extra fuses. There is no way in hell I'll ever roll up a vac hose by hand.

Now if you have to worry about dumping I'd get the pump out. These add ons cost so much cause they will save you time which is worth the time in money you make in keeping up production. Time is money in our business and you shouldn't waste it running around town finding a place to dump unless you have to. However with my system I hook a 1.5 inch hose to the drain and can dump about 10 ft away (or farther if I wanted to buy some longer hose) from the truck so if there is a clean out nearby I'll use it and dump there no problem.

Scott Rogers

The concept has been around for years on units that are very well known for reliability. Stanley Steemer, Gene Bates Big Red and Fox units are very reliable and have been use constant pump-out since the 70's-80's

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my APO is sitting in the garage some where collecting dust.............I took it off about a month after I got the truck..............it was just in my way and I never need it..I carry all day and have a clean out installed by my driveway at the house so I just dump when I get home.............

I have a few commercial jobs where I fill my tank but found it much easier and faster to just park where the clean out is located and just dump the tank......

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I have ran my trucks both ways, and I will never clean without a pumpout. There is too much time wasted to wait for the unit to dump.

I have a 100 gallon tank, and it probably holds about 80 gallons. At my current flow, I generally fill that in about 1-1.5 hours. So, if I am doing a large job, I would then have to stop, and drain the truck. This will take a good 5-10 minutes. Do that all day long and you lose an hour, which is 100 bucks, run two guys on the truck, and its 150 bucks. Only take 10 days to pay for itself.

No brainer, get an APO

Back
Top Bottom