APO question

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
I just had a APO installed in my truck. For most residential jobs I assume the waste water will go to a toilet on the main floor. What are some of the best ways to keep the waste hose secured to the toilet bowl?

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Richard;

I would suggest attaching your drain hose to a simple Clamp. Should work great!
Hi Ed, thank you for your response. A clamp is what you use? If you will, just a bit more detail please? Attach the clamp to what portion of the toilet? Attach the clamp to the hose without crimping the hose? Sorry, but haven’t done this before.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Richard;

1. You can: Tie Strap the hose to the clamp. (Or, you could use a pipe holder attached to the clamp.)

2. Once hose is secured to clamp, press the clamp open and attach clamp to bowl edge. The tension of clamp will keep it in position. You can find all kinds of style clamps at home depot/lowes

Ed Valentine
www.crossamericancorp.com

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mark Exner makes an attachment that looks similar to a toilet lid. It holds your discharge hose and covers the toilet so no splashing to the exterior.

scotty747

Dump it into your freshwater tank and you can clean all day....Just kidding. Most states allow it to be dumped onto the ground as long as it dosent run into a storm drain. Keep it off the lawn. It can kill the grass.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks for your response. Any simple way of keeping the weight out of the waste water? Any issues with the hose kinking over the rim of the bowl?
Not really, I prefer that the hose end be in the water to prevent splashing. Use a good quality hose to avoid kinking. You can always keep a spray bottle of disinfectant such as Benefect to clean off the part of hose and fitting that were in the toilet.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Dump it into your freshwater tank and you can clean all day....Just kidding. Most states allow it to be dumped onto the ground as long as it dosent run into a storm drain. Keep it off the lawn. It can kill the grass.
It will not kill the grass unless you are using some nuclear cleaning agent.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Brad Gouveia
They do make a fancy toilet cover thing you can buy that is made to APO into a toilet

1565050382677.png

I think there are a couple different brand or models.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I just had a APO installed in my truck. For most residential jobs I assume the waste water will go to a toilet on the main floor. What are some of the best ways to keep the waste hose secured to the toilet bowl?
We prefer to dump into outside gully trap or to garden/lawn area - very seldom to toilet unless it is apartments/commercial where we are using portables.
roro

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
SS ground dumps here with a perforated hose

..L.T.A.

@Mikey P Depends on location, city and/or state ordinances. In the past we have reviewed an EPA ruling that we could dump on the ground under the following conditions.

1. Must use a 25’ distribution hose (flat hose with slits). Intended to distribute the waste water over a larger area and not puddle.
2. Area the distribution hose is put in must be 200 sq. ft. or more of pervious ground (ie grass, gravel, sand, etc...)
3. No waste water can ever be dumped onto concrete or mistakenly or intentionally flow to a retention system.

A lot of locations are required to use toilet adapters due to city and/or state laws but my locations luckily are able to use the distribution hose.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Don't think this one out too hard. simple physics. If you can finish job and not fill tank, take back to shop and dump. I spread my jobs out so that I can stop home after every job or 2. With APO, discretely run your hose to and inconspicuous area, not near a storm drain sewer, turn her on. I'm not too cool about bringing waste hoses back into the house unless the home owner is a flaming environmentalist and insists on sanitary cleanout dumping. 40 years of this stuff will teach you a few things.

As for holding it secure in the toilet, put hose intry to get it into the toilet trap, close the lids and put a nice weight on it.

If really concerned on a job, buy a tank mounted trailer 100-200) gallons and tow it with you on those special jobs.

meh.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom