APO.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Pulled this out of the Vortex about 5 years ago....
mailed it to a friend who needed it and he did not get the chance to hook it up so he mailed it back...

I can not remember what type of oil is supposed to go in it...any one know...????

also I could use a picture on how it is hooked to the waste tank.....

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Jim, Finally maybe I can be of some help to you, in return for all that you have helped me. I am braced and ready for the onslot of shiiitttt I will get for my truck being so dirty.

Hope this helps

JimMartinPumpout.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
BLewis said:
Hey Jim, Finally maybe I can be of some help to you, in return for all that you have helped me. I am braced and ready for the onslot of shiiitttt I will get for my truck being so dirty.

Hope this helps

JimMartinPumpout.jpg

If it drains from the bottom of the tank, doesn't it clog up with the fine silt and sand that collect there? My Jabsco APO pumps from a hose dropped into the tank from a side fitting, but about 6 " from the bottom.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
That would make good sense to me. Personally I have never used the pump out. It's probably full of crap right now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks Billy...I am glad you got a good picture..I thought the larger hose was the discharge..I would of hooked it up backwards...

If it drains from the bottom of the tank, doesn't it clog up with the fine silt and sand that collect there? My Jabsco APO pumps from a hose dropped into the tank from a side fitting, but about 6 " from the bottom.

this the reason as of why I took it out of the Vortex in the first place....it would clog really bad..real fast...
I am about 4 inches above the bottom on the new tank I am going to hook it to...

Thanks for the link Dan...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
anyone see any reason as of why I can't use this type of hose from the tank to the pump and then from the pump to my reel......

693424.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
anyone see any reason as of why I can't use this type of hose from the tank to the pump and then from the pump to my reel......

693424.jpg

I really don't know Jim

and I'm just wondering out loud...
I figure it'd be fine for the out side of the pump, but wonder if it would collapse on the draw side??
(in particular after it was warmed up by a TM running in a hot van)

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
thats what I was wondering is if it would collapse...

but it looks like a stronger hose then the one in Billy's picture

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As long as it's not hot water I think that would work Jim. My experience with that hose is it will collapse with too much heat.

Apo's if used daily work pretty good, skip a day or two and build up some silt in them and they become a real pain in the ass!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
BLewis said:
That would make good sense to me. Personally I have never used the pump out. It's probably full of crap right now.

Crap will probably be the least of your problems.....
diaphragm's are probably shot....
there is one on each side...

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
one rebuild kit..over nighted..$97.00 plus shipping...

IMG_5325.jpg

the thing runs like it came off the show room floor....

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

lance

Hey Jim, I see a tiny spot on the carpet in the truck.

Have you no shame?.....hahaahah :lol:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
meAt said:
Jim Martin said:

693424.jpg

I really don't know Jim

I figure it'd be fine for the out side of the pump, but wonder if it would collapse on the draw side??

My APO uses a 1" heavy red heater hose as used in cars. Too solid to colapse.

..L.T.A.

lance

Jim Martin said:
I vacuumed after I took the picture........

Oh thank goodness. I thought maybe your standards were really going down hill. :lol:

Now that you have SO much more time not repairing/fixing your previous TM........do you miss being able to modify/re-engineer/re-build your TM like you did before?

What would be your next choice of machine and truck if you were going to get another one say in three to four years?

Would you ever be tempted to use a PTO machine in the near future?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Now that you have SO much more time not repairing/fixing your previous TM........do you miss being able to modify/re-engineer/re-build your TM like you did before?

What would be your next choice of machine and truck if you were going to get another one say in three to four years?

Would you ever be tempted to use a PTO machine in the near future?

not really..there is a ton of other things that I am working on that is keeping me busy....
a lot has changed for me in the last year..and has dramatically gone down hill in the last few months...
I don't even clean anymore....I just drive the truck for the most part and pick up the slack on the little things while my guy does all the manual labor......

I think my next machine is going to come out of the Saffire barn...I am liking what I am seeing with these machines........at this point in time I do not see a PTO in my future...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
meAt said:
Jim Martin said:

693424.jpg

I really don't know Jim

..L.T.A.

Yep....less then 2 hours in a 8 hour straight run...it collapsed......the pump got hot and it melted the rubber coating on the fuse holder.....called Tia told her to make some calls and find me a ridged 1 inch ID hose...30 minuets later she pulled up with it....took me less then 5 minuets to change a few seconds to fix the fuse holder and it ran like a champ the rest of the job.....

it is facing a straight 10 hour run tomorrow..then the entire school will be done...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom