Applying protector

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Battery powered sprayers are just as heavy...But if you want to plug in without a battery then it's probably a lot lighter.

The compressor only takes the place of the pump so it's not really an extra component IMO.

I like being able to just pick it up and go throught the house without having to plug in and trip over cords etc.

It's really easy to me..... I've even stuck with it all this time...So it MUST be easy. lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen them and I agree they seem easy. I don't know for sure about the life expectancy of the compressor vs pump.

The girls use small compressors in the fire cleanup room, they have lasted several years with light duty time. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle. If I were to do it I'd have a large compressor at home and multiple cans so I could fill a days worth and now screw around waiting to fill.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I guess it's give and take.

But I'll say that rocket sprayer looks pretty good.... and easy too.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jamesh921 said:
Battery operated sprayers always have to be charged (sometimes fails/inconvenient).

Electric sprayers always need electric (not always available).

HF sprayers always need a water feed (but so does cleaning the carpet).

. . . So, which option is best for you is up to you to figure out.
The new Mytee 2-wheel sprayers have the ability to operate from electric or battery power.

I think they look more professional for protector application.

Injection sprayers can't be used with the more effective solvent-based fluorochemicals.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
KevinL said:
Lose the wheels and bulkiness and you'll have something everyone would want.
Then . . . ,

you would have the Multi-Sprayer electric or rechargeable.

Larry

exactly...and also the best sprayer currently available

Brain, the Rocket sprayer is too big and cumbersome for res use .
(I bought one clearance priced at Sam's Club about 10 years ago)
It's not a hi-quality sprayer like the Multi ...and border line POS..same class as the Chinese Hudson/Harbor Freight sprayer

like I said, you're a sales/marketing guy...stick to what you know !gotcha!

HF/Interlink dropped the ball when they discontinued their old electric
This one;

http://www.rotovaccorp.com/sprayers-hydroforce.html

why those dipwads at RV still have it listed, I haven't clue .
they haven't had it in years

HF/Interlink discontinued the above and introduced the gOofyazz Omni
what a mistake , cause the Omni is an over large 2.5 gal sprayer ...
all that was needed was just a few mods on the old model sprayer to make the best all around sprayer on the market

STUPID ...I'm convinced that the folks designing and building the crAp they sell us don't have a clue .
Bean counters, MBA's and engineers that have never changed a lite bulb, let alone worked in the trenches day to day :roll:

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I liked those old black ones but they tipped over easily and with no seal they spilt the contents. Seems like we trouble with the battery on a few and just went to the corded.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lee Stockwell said:
Larry THAT'S my sprayer! I've had to buy new batteries and a new trigger wand, but it works like a trooper!

Mine is corded , Lee

I'm on my 3rd pump, second wand and second switch (replaced with a rocker instead of the toggle that BEGS to get busticated .....and did :lol:

I tried to buy a new one a couple/few years ago, cause ours was looking a little long in the tooth for res work....couldn't find one..discontinued

I'll keep ours running til the housing is so far gone it won't hold juice ...

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm on my last one also and I'll probably quit the biz when it dies for good.
Just like my 4 jet Stanley wand. Hey Larry, if you figure out how to keep them from leaking when it gets a hole in the bottom, let me know. I've tried every glue available.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've never seen a Rocket Sprayer...I was just bringing it up.

I still love my Pepsi Sprayer....Same kind of set up I used with Chem Hack back in the day...Worked/works great.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I use a modified Omni, well, the only thing that is an Omni any more is the plastic frame. Has a bigger battery; heavier but I get better time out of it. Rewired it to charge off a regular battery charger. Hec of a lot better than the stock charger that it came with. Still needs more mods but works just fine. Pumps are a pain when they leak, got rid of that.

I mix the protector up a little stronger concentration and use an 01 tip for application.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
so evryone agrees the pump up works, is reliable, and is cost efficient. But they don't look professional. So wouldn't it be easier to just make a pump up look professional? We use a stainless sprayer. They don't look cheap at all. The one we use is made for solvent. The hose doesn't hold up to solvent so we change it out with blue fuel hose that does. Here is the sprayer we use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009G ... 00_details

If you really want to make it look professional the wrap it up with company branding.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Two battery Multisprayers on the truck: one for prespray, one for protector.

If one fail, the other can do double duty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard we used to buy pump up's from the local exterminator. Nice B&G sprayer, stainless with a pressure guage so you could see your pressure. Nice brass wand with adjustable spray head. You'd occassionally replace the plunger head and the leather but as time passed the repalcements parts were of poor quality and we moved on to electric.

When new the pump up's work great.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
idreadnought said:
so evryone agrees the pump up works, is reliable, and is cost efficient. But they don't look professional. So wouldn't it be easier to just make a pump up look professional? We use a stainless sprayer. They don't look cheap at all.

it's not the "look" .
Pump-ups are great (ideal) for upl, but generally lack the flow and/or consistent pressure (if you're not pumping all the time) for large carpet areas

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom