Are Print and Radio only advertisers going to fade away?

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a long talk with my brother who works for c oit last night.

It would appear the good ol' days are coming to an end for companies who send out halfwits with little to no training, virtually no equipment and strictly relying on a hefty ad budget to attract a constant supply of transient customers.

The new millennial homeowner don't listen to public radio, they don't clip coupons and even if one were to shoot out of their phone's USB C port, they wouldn't respond due to zero reviews left for these companies.

The Ben Surdis hipster multi truckers and the owner ops have pretty much killed them off.

Not sure what he's going to do with himself, but seeing how he's coupon clipping, talk radio listening 59 year old who can't spell Yelp and wouldn't know a My Space from a FaceBook page, he may be F'd.

If a Stanley doesn't have a CJ, they could be next to go, out west.

The Boot

Name
John
Phone books are just a few years away from a thing from the past.
News letters to your customers with coupons or offers, still undecided.

Name
Swani

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
we have a pretty big coi t operation here, but when I see their techs they look really dirty and miserable. Never really see their ads anywhere or hear them on the radio but somehow they keep a big parking lot full of vans in business plus superior restoration trucks

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If it weren't for this forum, I would've never heard of c oit. That's how little they advertise. I kinda feel bad for the franchise owners, because that's part of a franchise deal.

But as for radio advertising...my customer base over here tells me they hear about zerorez all the time on the radio. So it's still a big thing over here. And I still see stanley on the cable tv allot

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't know if the sky's falling ....I think not
Markets, trends and demographics change....but marketing doesn't .
The well run outfits will find the best avenues to market to their markets
They'll also adapt to changing trends (LVT, anyone?)

phone book is certainly dead, but not sure about local radio and cable

Maybe the two B's (Bryan and Brian) could chime in.
Two well run, reputable, long established outfits at opposite ends of the price/market scale

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Man guys, and Meg, I have so much to share but I have this damn cold and am feeling awful. I want to go home and curl up with my dog.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom