Are refrigerator magnets a thing of the past?

Mikey P

Administrator
I never see them talked about any more..

Matt, Damon, your vans would make a dandy magnet.

Marty yours with offend and frighten the most hardened of finger painting tots so i dont care that you dont care

Who else has a nice wrap that would look cool miniaturized?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I never see them talked about any more..

Matt, Damon, your vans would make a dandy magnet.

Marty yours with offend and frighten the most hardened of finger painting tots so i dont care that you dont care

Who else has a nice wrap that would look cool miniaturized?
I'm too lazy and cheap to put the time in to get magnets made. I probably should do it. One of my commercial customers has a Preferred Carpet Cleaning magnet in his break room. I stick my invoices on it before I leave.

Mikey P

Administrator
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 3.15.41 PM.png

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm certain my wife would never put an advertising magnet on our refrigerator, particularly if it were a picture of a truck. You're the only one proud of your truck.

Now, a magnet clip to hold a photo or reminder, maybe, if it was good looking or fun...

22615791.jpg

PS: I have an advertising magnet on the furnace so I can remember the jerk I'll never call again.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I hate purple
Hey, what's wrong with purple?!!!

1613674743124.png

We still hand out quite a few magnets to our customers. We even made our most recent ones larger. You can see the progression of the magnets over the years.

Take a look on the fridge of all your customers, you will see quite a few magnets even today.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We saw a drop off with stainless Steel appliances years ago. We leave with the invoice, mail them with statements, hand them out at home shows, drop them off when marketing.

When I left the were on the counter in the office but pens were taken far more than magnets.

Our refrigerator won't hold them but our dishwasher does (fake stainless), it's just not in eye level or as prominent as the refrigerator.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Busted. I got cheap last year and didn't have any made. Who does the best with the truck shaped magnets?

Name
Matt Middleton
We leave a couple of fridge magnets at every job (even rentals) along with a bottle of spotter, a stamped comment card and a request for a Google review.
I haven't had magnets in over 5 yrs

yet still see them from time to time

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The bottom line is you need to leave "stuff" for them.

You'd be surprised how many people call me for any number of spotters or deodorizers that say they were told to call me by "the guy who cleaned my carpet"

When I ask who it was (so I can thank them), I almost always get:

"I forget who they were"

The only ones who seem to remember the name is when they screwed something up or ticked them off by leaving an unflushed deuce in their toilet* or something equally unsavory.

*Note: Leaving an unflushed deuce in the toilet is NOT a recommended "leave behind".

Reactions: KSL and Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey, what's wrong with purple?!!!

View attachment 106169

We still hand out quite a few magnets to our customers. We even made our most recent ones larger. You can see the progression of the magnets over the years.

Take a look on the fridge of all your customers, you will see quite a few magnets even today.
Ohh Brian you'd be so mad at me
If you knew what we did to "the purple ones"......

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Ohh Brian you'd be so mad at me
If you knew what we did to "the purple ones"......
That's okay Bob, our usual order was 100,000 at a time. One time we had to throw away about 20,000 of them when they switched the area code on us. Not too long after that we finally acquired 800- Hagopian.

Back in the day at our local trade association meetings, Ken and I would plaster the company vehicles of other members with those magnets.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
In rentals, I'm always the last person in there, so I leave a magnet on the overhead exhaust fan above the stove.

This generally in a cupboard where glasses are stored.

Each time they open the cupboard, the magnet is there.

Worked for me over the years, but mine IS NOT a truck magnet.

Actually, I leave two.

One for my carpet & upholstery cleaning, & one for leather cleaning & repairs, etc;

:very_drunk: :yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We saw a drop off with stainless Steel appliances years ago. We leave with the invoice, mail them with statements, hand them out at home shows, drop them off when marketing.

When I left the were on the counter in the office but pens were taken far more than magnets.

Our refrigerator won't hold them but our dishwasher does (fake stainless), it's just not in eye level or as prominent as the refrigerator.
I have had good success with pens. People hang onto them and actually use them till they run out of ink. Look around your office and I bet you have more pens than magnets.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have had good success with pens. People hang onto them and actually use them till they run out of ink. Look around your office and I bet you have more pens than magnets.
We gave away a couple of boxes a year, around a 1,000 or so. I don't know if we got a work from them but I know a lot of good will.

Many times I would walk through and a customer would ask if they could take one. Some even asked they could have two or more.

They weren't the expensive ones but not the cheap either. I like ones that wrote well but looked good and felt comfortable too. I used them also so I bought what I liked.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We gave away a couple of boxes a year, around a 1,000 or so. I don't know if we got a work from them but I know a lot of good will.

Many times I would walk through and a customer would ask if they could take one. Some even asked they could have two or more.

They weren't the expensive ones but not the cheap either. I like ones that wrote well but looked good and felt comfortable too. I used them also so I bought what I liked.
I gave one to a guy I met on a ferry. He called me and has been my customer ever since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom