Are things that bad?

Becker

Name
Becker
I got a coupon booklet in the mail today.

Butler at home.

The target is home with an income of over $100k

I know this because I got the hard sale about a a year ago to buy into the book.
Funny thing was, the guy said. I want you to be in the book, if you say no I already have someone that will take the spot. ... What a salesmen. He was speechless, when I told him I don't buy into that type of pressure, because if I was booked I'd not be trying to sell my booked spots.

Anyways.

Coupon..

Pay half now, and 1/2 in 30 days interest free.

Are things that bad, that we need to start financing our service?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Things are so bad around here that a homeowner came in to my shop today and said I don't want to pay carpet cleaners to clean my house anymore what can I do, so I sold him an Olympus portable.

Bob Foster

Don, same scumbag sales tactic yellow page guys use. YP guys say I am not supposed to tell you this but your competitor, can't say which one, is planning on increasing his ad size.

Lora Olson

packfancjh said:
Things are so bad around here that a homeowner came in to my shop today and said I don't want to pay carpet cleaners to clean my house anymore what can I do, so I sold him an Olympus portable.
This is John Posting from Lora's Account AGAIN DOH!

Really? I will only sell Rakes to home owners. I might sell a neutral spotter like First Action or Smell goods but other then that they have to call someone if they want their carpets cleaned. Now if they come in saying they want to start a buisness then thats different but they only get one shot at the right answer.

I know I lose money sometimes but at least I can honestly say I live by our company misson statement when I say Our only buisness is YOUR buisness.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I got a coupon booklet in the mail today.

Butler at home.

The target is home with an income of over $100k

I know this because I got the hard sale about a a year ago to buy into the book.
Funny thing was, the guy said. I want you to be in the book, if you say no I already have someone that will take the spot. ... What a salesmen. He was speechless, when I told him I don't buy into that type of pressure, because if I was booked I'd not be trying to sell my booked spots.

Anyways.

Coupon..

Pay half now, and 1/2 in 30 days interest free.

Are things that bad, that we need to start financing our service?
Imagine if they don't pay and the dude's broke. He can get pretty dangerous.

I'm getting bored of the doom and gloom. Not sure there's anything we can do about it but trust the politicians (jeremy's avatar here). Hopefully for those that are at least fairly financial stable theywill forget too. Be nice for the economy to have an at least ok end of year.

:lol:
Did you tell them you have a buyback program?

Albert

Able 1

Name
Keith
Bob Foster said:
Don, same scumbag sales tactic yellow page guys use. YP guys say I am not supposed to tell you this but your competitor, can't say which one, is planning on increasing his ad size.

Last year I was pressured to sign at 1,000 more then the year before in the YP I told him that It wasn't in my budget and the only way I would sign would be the same price. Lots of uncomfortable silence later they agreed. :D

This year no pressure at all same price as last. :| What dose a half page go for usually? They always tell me $500.00 a month but I think that is BS.

Keith

1/2 page here is between 600-800 a month. I told them I was cutting way back this year and showed them my changes. They came back with the " We can give you this for that and bla bla bla. If you cut back it's not going to save you that much money and bla bla bla" I told them that I would just pull my sh*t from their book and they came back with the " if you stay with us at the same size add we can cut you a break and charge you for 1/3 page" Once they get you in at a certain size they try to pressure you to stay there. What a bunch of MORONS! Thinking of pulling completely out next year and doing more mailings, referal rewards, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom