Are we ready?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
There is a plan in place (for the European market at least) from Hyundai to start selling these.

Very nice looking vans. Makes me wonder if they got a hold of the MB Sprinter/ VW Crafter (same vehicles) blueprints..

Engines are similar to all the new up to date vans. Smaller gas and diesel engines. I wouldn't mind Asian competition in this market.

hyundai 2.jpg
hyundai.jpg

Reactions: Derek

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think a blue oval sticker would fit right over that "H"

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
As manufacturers try to meet the "Light Truck" requirements of the EPA,

we will be forced into various foreign vans with higher MPG.

Numerous problems will present themselves as TM manufacturers adapt to these foreign vans.

Unibody frames and front wheel drive will require new designs . . .

which will drive up costs for new TM installs.

Tell your congressman what you need !!

Larry

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Come on Larry...you always make it sound like, Europe, Asia and Australia can't haul stuff and can't have equipment installed in the vans available for them.

Nothing wrong with unibody....If we can run a simple E150 with truckmount, waste tank, hose reels and all other tools like vac cleaners rotaries or OPs etc in them, we can easily do that with these new vans too.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My current van can't handle the weight I have in it, and it's a one ton.. I have been looking at the car lot's and the new Ford 250 is ugly, kinda looks like a Dodge. The biggest engine I have seen is the 3.7. It looks like they make one that fits in my garage though..

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yes Larry, and Commercial Trucks 3/4 ton and larger are exempt, as they always have been. You would think Semi Truck drivers would be shitting themselfs...:icon_rolleyes:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Chris ;

All trucks under 8500 GVW are considered light trucks (28 MPG) . . .

And HD Trucks have a mandated 15% increase in MPG also (per NHTSA & EPA).

"First-Ever Standards for Heavy-Duty Trucks
The new program sets fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas emission standards for three categories of medium- and heavy-duty trucks beginning in model year 2014:

For heavy-duty pickup trucks and vans, separate standards are required for gasoline-powered and diesel trucks. These vehicles will be required to achieve up to about 15 percent reduction in fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions by model year 2018."

Larry

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yes but the graph you posted does not apply to those and 15% is nothing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom