Are you a furniture mover?

steamron

Name
Ron
When on a job do you take beds apart to clean under them? Are you the type of cleaner who when cleaning will rearrange the furniture for your customer? Will you move that sectional sofa into that corner across the room?
Why not, your here to clean the carpet. Move those beds and dressers and get it done. Wait a minute, move that bed to the other side of the room, and then move that 500 pound dresser over there.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We would if they paid extra for the time it takes 2-men to move it.

It wasn't carpet cleaning, so it wasn't included in the price.

Some items we wouldn't move unless unloaded prior to moving. Some items we still wouldn't move, a piano, a pool table, some entertainment centers, some beds.

Mikey P

Administrator

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When on a job do you take beds apart to clean under them? Are you the type of cleaner who when cleaning will rearrange the furniture for your customer? Will you move that sectional sofa into that corner across the room?
Why not, your here to clean the carpet. Move those beds and dressers and get it done. Wait a minute, move that bed to the other side of the room, and then move that 500 pound dresser over there.
No

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Brian H

Name
Brian H
with in reason
That's the key phrase we use! It is amazing though what customers consider "within reason". One of the phrases I like to use it that it's not designed to be moved full. It's up to the individual technician on what is reasonable.

We have had customers insist that something be moved that we know shouldn't be moved. In those cases we will as long as they sign off that they were told that the item shouldn't be moved and that any damage to the furniture of carpet was not our responsibility.

I remember a customer withholding payment because we wouldn't move her fully loaded china cabinet and clean the total of 16 square inches where the legs were. It was so much stuff in there we had to come back another day to clean it and get paid.

We will move stuff around in a room, again within reason. We won't move anything from one room to another though.

I remember once also having a customer insist I move her upright piano. I was working solo and told them there may be issues with it staining the carpet when I moved it back onto the wet carpet. They told me to go ahead anyway. Bright yellow carpet had beautiful streaks of mahogany across it from the bottom of the piano. I did manage to block it up and it was sold red underneath it!! Never heard back from them.

scotty747

The last two I had were enough. One told me to keep working while he went out to his shop to build something to move his enormous custom made bed that hadnt moved since it was put on the new carpet. The other asked me where I was going to store the bed after I disassembled it and moved it out of the room.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I hurt my back once moving a piano for a good customer the day before my vacation. I was lame for a week until I got back and went to a very good chiropractor. Much more careful now. Plus we do not move pianos. We will, however, move stuff within reason. Empties or no furniture moving get and deserve a better price.

Name
jack zerkie
I thought we were hired to remove soil& dirt. No dirt under the bed yes some dust unless they have animals. The more you do the more they want. I always asks very hard questions like do want the closets cleaned where do I start and finish. And oh yes don't clean this room. The game just goes on & on if you don't find out what they expect from you . The first time custy is the the test after that many years of happy cleaning. jz

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have no problem shifting around sofas, chairs, coffee tables, etc. Anything they want moved has to be completely cleared. I don't move beds, electronics, china cabinets, bookshelves or pianos.

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nothings more fun than leaving some art work at the gas station.Farting in an elevator is a good time too.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
hell no man, Im not interested in being the best carpet cleaner in the world I just want to run a solid business with good value for the price lol

There just isnt a reasonable price where I would be happy moving everything, I feel like $1 per foot isnt even quite enough. We swivel wand under stuff and vacuum under, or lift a couch and hold it up while other guy does a few passes underneath.

furniture moving lift buddy and sliders or not sucks ass, that and being the ultimate stain expert will buy you a wand in your hand until you die cause youll never train techs these days to do it and stick around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom