Are you a glugger?

Bob Foster

Be honest. Do you measure your prespray powders or liquids or do you use the glug method?

What do you use to measure with?

What do you use to stir with?

Do you follow the instructions? Even you Tide uses can use the measuring cup it comes with......

Does the deck of your van look like the front of Todd's pants under a UV light or do you keep it nice and clean?

Ernie G

We have employees so, so we teach them to measure . If we get a new product,we read them the label. Learned that the hard way .

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I measure it, generally use less then recommended

if it is a powder then I put some hot water in the jug, put in the chemical and then put on the cap on the jug and shake it up then fill it up. I use a funnel to add the chemical into the jug

the first couple of times I used the Judsons I forgot to shake up the jug before I took some of it out

Does the deck of your van look like the front of Todd's pants under a UV light or do you keep it nice and clean?
Be honest. Do you measure your prespay powders or liquids or do you use the glug method?

Ever spill some hydra dry on blacktop and watch what it does?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I measure all my mixtures properly. Sometimes with a measuring cup, and sometimes with the scoop prvided.

What I stir it with is really not of any interest to me, or anybody else.

Are you bored?

John Watson

What do you use to measure with?A measuring cup we picked up at connections 4-5 years ago from the one time vender Sasco, best measurer we have found.
I put my 3-4 oz of O2 in cup, I use a Yellow anti freeze funnel to make sure it allgoes in my 2 gal Multi sprayer container. Then using my courtesy hose I rinse my measuring cup with hot water and pour that in the jug to.( No O2 residue in meas. cup when dried)

What do you use to stir with?A paint stir stick from Eagle hardware Have a stack of them in the shop(Wow, they went out of buisness in our town 8-10 yrs ago)

Do you follow the instructions?I mix powders in a 3 gallon bucket and stir till disolved. I do not stir my liquids, but shake. I add the powders to about a qt of hot water to disolve and stir before adding the remainder hot water needed.

Ain't talking about my deck in my van, but it is black and rhino lined.
depends (No Pun intended) on whose definition of clean... How they do it in Canadia????

When I was an employee I tended to glug. Now that I'm the owner, I measure every time :) Cheap measuring cup I got from interlink. Always shaken, never stirred.(unless it's a powder)

TimP

I measure...usually powders and it comes with a scooper. Liquids I measure...but I've destroyed all my cups so I have done gluging from time to time.

I always shake never stir......should I be stiring????? The water I mix with is usually over 120 deg so I figure it mixes fast with a few shakes.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I measure with a Pampered Chef glass cup, sounds gay but it's the best i've found.

I use a large paint stick to mix my powder.

Keith

Bob Foster

This is what I stir with. It works well....

winepaddle.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
No wonder you started this thread, where did you get that? Is it home made?

Keith

Bob Foster

It's not exactly like mine. I have one with rounded paddles. It came from a U-Brew wine store and is used for stirring up the big fermenting bottles during some part of the wine making process.

The paddles easily go into the top of a hydraforce jug and with the paddles being hinged they don't beat up the sides of the tank too bad. The shaft length is about 20 inches. I think it cost me about twenty bucks. It works well.

Bob Foster

Greenie offered this tip for me today.... If you have a favorite pre-spray with known dilutions measure it once and pour it into your hydraforce. Then take a sharpie and make a line on the hydraforce. There you go - from now on no measuring cup needed. Too friggen simple.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we measure.

the scoop that comes with powder
for liquids we use a trigger sprayer bottle with the top cut off
BTW, the top makes a funnel :wink:

mixing is done with the end of the fill hose.
Our "fill hose" is a short piece of Parker sol line we hook to the TM

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I did the sharpie thing for a while but I have switched up the prespray since. I could actually be vary accurate by feeling the weight with ultrapac, but alway's checked. Thing is, you do it with ultra pac only once I always went half gal. to a jug so doing it that much you could tell.

Keith

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have a hydroforce revolution, and i have chemical feed on the machine. when i do have to measure i have a glass measuring cup.

putting the line on the hydroforce works but it quickly comes off if you get even a little prespray on it.

Greenie

Able 1 said:
..... Thing is, you do it with ultra pac only once I always went half gal. to a jug so doing it that much you could tell.

Keith

:shock:

holy cow I should have sold ultra pac!
what is that, like a $15 hydroforce?

nickreal

Great thread. Mixing has been one of the most annoying things for me to deal with in this business. I think some of these idea's could really save me some time and aggravation.

Thanks Again

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WHEN are you's yahoos gonna realize that i know WAY more than Greenie.....Cheerios on my keyboard, now!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Always measure. I would imagine all the owner operators would do the same.
Even when I was an employee I would measure because it just seems to work better and I didn't want to run out of solution anyway.

When I was with Chem-Hack they sold there powder in pre-measured packs.

Just tear it open, pour it in the water and watch it bubble.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
When we used to use powdered enzymes,a mixer similar to Mr. Fosters mixer...

I changed over to Butler liquid enzyme for those few jobs,I still use enzymes for. Lil syrupy, but easier for me...

Been using tip n measures for all chems since 86. I think Mikey should a pix of them a while back.Bought mine from Bane at the time...

But there are a few measuring cups in tm's also...

Chris A

Name
Chris
why stir or shake, just add the concentrate first and add water? Seems like wasted time to me.

Greenie

I like the Tip-n-measure, I would have used one for my main Juice if I had known about em, maybe I'll stock them here for those that would like one? How many of you would use one daily?

I don't think I would sell chems packaged that way as standard though, do you really need all 4 gallons in a case to be tip-n-measures?

ps" Bawb, I've almost got that paraplate adapter bracket complete....I'll send it to you anyways you old coot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom