Are you a Troublemaker?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It seems that some of those in the hierarchy of our industry think so.

They think that those of us that post on bulletin boards are troublemakers, those with not enough business to be busy, so we waste our time taking shots at people on bulletin boards.

I don’t feel like a trouble maker, I always thought that title was saved for people like Terry & Tony & Jimmy & Mike and sometimes Marty. (Sorry Marty!)

In truth while those in that group often make us laugh with their constant prodding of those that are hiding an injustice. Their questioning causes action, sometime it cause change, but it always provokes thought.

They are doing us all a favor by shedding light to wrongs that we only question in our mind but never verbalize.

Am I a troublemaker? If it means seeking justice and asking the tough questions regardless of how I am perceived by others then yes, I’m a troublemaker and proud to be one.

Are you a troublemaker?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
We all have made investments for our business...

We have the right to ask about what impacts our future...

Now if a rug doctor passes there criteria,it should be a no brainer that any one with extraction equipment.With superior air flow,water flow and the ability to have heated temps.

We should be allowed to carry on biz as usual...

But properly done this issue should serve to consolidate our efforts to un fragment this industry.

An get it on the right track...

So if I write to anyone as in Ruth,etc.An that brands me a troublemaker.
Well it is nothing new here.I was called that in school,so...

I guess old habits are hard to break...lol...Good Day to you Mr. Chavez...

harryhides

Name
Tony
If questioning and thinking about implications and ways to improve things gives you a headache -

TAKE A PILL !!

:p

To be free to question is the one big difference between any dictatorship and a free society.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've been having some "conversations" with a few individuals about the civility of our most recent public discourse.

Its better to hear the truth in a way that hurts, than to have a lie told to you with warmth and pleasant words.

Tony, was it you who gave me the quote about "disagreeable people" getting things done in this world?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh my gawd Jim!
Do people really think we are social psycho paths?

My feeling are hurt!

The industry elite look down on us!

We are the industry "B" listers!

But you know what?

They come here....so they must be losers too!

About as important as an elite garbage hauler to the public....a peon like the rest of us.

I'm glad my world doesn't evolve around what others think of me.

And they can all KMA!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Jim, it was this quote I think you're referring to.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.â€Â

G

yes I am a troblemaker

If being yourself is being a trouble maker, then everyone is.
This is America. Don't like it, don't read it. There are other boards that can accommodate you.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That's the one Tony, thank you.

I need to forward that to some people I know. In fairness, some good stuff is getting done. Even I'm impressed.

But I'm still going to be disagreeable.

Bob Foster

Here is my reply that I could not post on ICS and thanks for reposting this over here too Richard....

It is easy to label a person a troublemaker if you cannot logically argue against their position. It's a moniker often placed by people who aren't part of the solution and are just complainers. Your dam right I'm a troublemaker. And I’m not going to pussy foot around this (the ICS) board worried about being banned either!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I come close to being the number one trouble maker according to Joe Dobbins. Jeff Bishop and Joe Dobbins have made it clear through in their posts on the IICRC board that I will never chair an IICRC committee. Nor will I ever be allowed to make a presentation to the certification counsel. All of my technical work has had a virtual zero effect on the IICRC. There are endless misrepresentations holding me in a false light to thwart any good work I do. At times, many on the IICRC certification board have been warned not to talk with me under the threat that other people are watching them. I got to say, that many times the cold shoulders and snubs are overwhelming; I end up eating a lot of meals alone. It used to bother me; now it does not. Folks need to understand that if they want to be successful at being a bully, they need to pick on little people. There are lots of little people in the IICRC who while they would like to be on this list; they drown in the pleasures to ‘being taken care of’ by current power structure. My hat is off to Jim Pemberton and Noel Frank who have been true friends who have not run.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jim
The behavior you describe is disappointing and not very professional to say the least. You should be commended for hanging in there! :shock:

I'm sure your efforts are appreciated by plenty of the folks here!

Richard

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I invited Jim here for what he knows, and because of his character and sense of principle.

I'm proud he's my friend.

G

HEY I was the original trouble maker. I do have plenty of biz. I was also the first to be banned by Evan. Always gave Jeff Bishop mal ox moment. What I said 6 years ago was pretty much right on target.

G

Trouble maker...ME???

I may hold the record for the most bannings...

Here's my rap sheet...

ICS - twice
CCS- twice
Kenadian - once
Diaper Pail - once

I haven't played much on CleanFaux and never registered on the V board...

Good thing I'm mellowing like a fine Cabernet with age.

Name
Lee Stockwell
http://www.i-boards.com/ics/messages.as ... 001#208786

From that thread:

Re: "Technology and Pet Peeves"
Posted By Nicholas Nellos on 7/23/2001 at 1:24 AM
Evan then why does it say other contributors and name all the main chem mfg. and screw up my adds Larry Cobbs adds and others. YOu Know as well as I There Other ways of distributing money that most people namely IICRC wont name.

You cant tell Tom Hill does not get it from both sides the carpet MFGS and the Cleaners . If you deny this you are as bad as the money behind everything.

I Know you know this I have talked to several people , you Know it is the truth. as for the IICRC they are trying to make a union out of this so aging cleaners will have a income.

If you dont research this well enough you are as guilty as they are.

...and that was the end of Nick for Evan. Must have hit close to home?

Bob Foster

So over here we are mostly rejects and troublemakers so why is it we get along so well and this board is so productive?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom