Are you doing color repair?

Fon Johnson

If not, why? It is fun, easy, and profitable. I did this yesterday. The customer is a 91 year old man who had an accident in his apartment. He tried to clean it with bleach. They want to charge him for replacement (for obvious reasons) and he is fretting about the money. I am not charging him full price for this, and should be able to save him from having to replace it. The after pic IS darker in the dyed areas because it is still wet, and I know it is not PERFECT. This one is so bad we are just looking to make the manager happy enough so she won't charge him.. I feel sorry for the guy and keep thinking how I would want someone to handle it if it were my parents or other family.

Before
IMG_3006.jpg

After
IMG_3013.jpg

There are probably about 40 spots like this. I just dyed a few to see if it will satisfy the aparment manager. I enjoy this more than cleaning!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't do it because when I took the class a few years back, I couldn't ever get the dyes to take. Maybe I had a bad batch or something. Plus, I was under the impression that you couldn't dye polyester carpets, and Lord knows, poly is about 90% of what I see.

Fon Johnson

Your water was not hot enough, you did not neuatralize, or the dye receptors were too damaged. I had a tough time with this one, and one from last week with damaged receptors. Even at that, you can still repair these and Poly Esther too..

Fon Johnson

admiralclean said:
Was Harold's crayon dye claims just more bulletin board bullshit?

Not that I know of. I have not had to use them yet. I use dye, and can usually get them within 95% improvement anyway.

O

omor

those pics look photoshopped...an old man with 40 spots? that big? who can urinate that much?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
omor said:
those pics look photoshopped...an old man with 40 spots? that big? who can urinate that much?

I disagree with you there.

They don't look photoshopped to me, you can see the differences of pile laying in different directions with lighter and darker shades.

Also, the Urine didn't cause the colour loss, the bleach did. Of course the bleach mark will be bigger than the urine mark.

Nicely done Fon. And I feel the same as you sometimes about particular groups and often get told that I'm too soft in running my business. Good on you.

John

Stevea

Fon,

Very nicely done, wonderful example. Thank you for sharing. Also, very gracious of you to take care of someone who has a need, human kindness is never a poor quality, only positive.

SA

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Marty, a couple of possible causes apart from what Fon said.

Water not hot enough.

Bleach was not neutralised.

Also, if it was an SDN, the dye blockers could also be resisting the new dyes. :shock:

New colour was not heat set. :?:

I'm also a sucker for not charging the right price to those in need. :oops:

I guess I appreciate it moreso, now that I'm getting near that age myself. :oops:

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS :::: This is a very appropriate topic for me, I just returned from Steak & Kidney (Sydney), where I did a refresher spot/stain + dye spotting course over a couple of days.

Had a great time with about fourteen like minded people, after which we all enjoyed a few sherbets at the end of the day including a BBQ dinner & drinks on the last night.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Was Harold's crayon dye claims just more bulletin board bullshit?

Marty, whatever you do, please do NOT ever try the crayon thing or do a Mill tour - you would not be able to handle watching them Georgia boys fixing Mill defects with crayons.

Back
Top Bottom