Are you guys done with this room?

LeeCory

I was really hoping this room would have worked out.

But sadly I've found that water restoration guys are not as helpful as carpet cleaners in answering questions.

LeeCory

Yes, I agree... or guys can ask questions at ICS.

It's too bad, I thought it coulda been good.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Perhaps this market is even more cut throat than carpet cleaning, hence the reluctance by the masses to use it?

Or has the Restoration Forum already nabbed all the personalities?

It's a good room and lots of value and talent here and it'd be a shame to se eit disappear.

John

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
these rooms need help from the moderators to keep them going especially this one. there are 4 mods for this room to help drum up topics to keep traffic coming. Like John said, it's a great room with lots of knowledge in it, let's keep it going.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think some of the problem is Restoration guys can't agree on anything.

I know Greg over at More Floods/Power Dry pretty good, I asked him why he doesn't do any WDR training in how to dry.

He told me guys argue about the right way to do it, and no one agrees on what is right.

No one wants to comment or they get criticized for doing it wrong.

Can't ditch Craig, he's always right, he's just passionate about is craft. :wink:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Whata you mean? :?: :?:

And no, I was not at an all you can eat burrito bar.....but I'm willing to go, if you'd be kind enough to steer me in the right direction! :mrgreen:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
R.Chavez said:
No one wants to comment or they get criticized for doing it wrong.

This nailed it, you can't ask a question about restoration because the only response you get is "if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it", so now people won't ask they'll just do it the best they know how other wise known as "winging it".

Oh well it was a good thought. Too bad a few had to ruin it.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Mikey P said:
Wow, news to me Joey.

So who is doing the brow beating here?

Not to be an ass Mikey but all you have to do is look at some of the questions people post in here. Advise is given but only after the question poster is put down and told why they shouldnt be doing it.

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
Larry and Joey have stated exactly what is wrong with this room.

It would be far more lively except the newbie or less than experienced
restoration tech doesn't want to post for fear of looking stupid or being called stupid.

Let me pull a Todd one here: "you should see the email I get"

The TES mafia torpedoed this place.

Keith

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
:lol: yeah they did kind of rip into you. But that's why you posted it, to see if you did ok and if not what should I have done, right? Yes there are a ton of things you need to learn when doing WDR but where else is someone going to learn than right here with some of the most knowledgeable guys in the industry.

LeeCory

Busting balls is one thing, but why bother posting if you are not going to offer ANY useful information that can help?

Linquist at least offers some good information. A couple of you only add crap to the threads.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
LeeCory said:
Busting balls is one thing, but why bother posting if you are not going to offer ANY useful information that can help?

Linquist at least offers some good information. A couple of you only add crap to the threads.

I think Craig comes off a little abrasive sometimes with responses but I also think he is one of the smartest guys to answer questions in here. Very long winded for me but if I was getting into alot of WD work I would want his opinion.

Alot of guys just jump and say get more training and Craig does that also but he also gives advise in those long posts somewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom