Are you insured against acts of terrorism losses?

Scott Rogers

State farm now has that crap as a mandatory add on to their liability insurance, along with about a half dozen other mandatory up charges. Not to mention they increase the price on comercial vehicles as well. Sad part is I shopped them, after i got notice of the increases, with 2 different independent brokers and they were still cheaper then any other option.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea, i think its mandatory now.....

just a way to ding you again/some more....because how hard do you think its going to be, to get them to pay on it??? and wtf does it cover EXACTLY??

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Who decides whether the act is "terrorism"?

As we already know, there are those who prefer to classify most acts of terrorism as "workplace violence" or "acts of man-caused disaster", hence obviating relative responsibilities.
Do these policies relate all the terms equally, or can the insurance company assign the cause to be outside of your coverage?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Wish I could get insured, against my insurance guy!

Every time I see him - Ohhhh, we need to change this, add that, do this different..... All more $$$$.:icon_rolleyes:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We're with State Farm so yes we also have it

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Who decides whether the act is "terrorism"?

As we already know, there are those who prefer to classify most acts of terrorism as "workplace violence" or "acts of man-caused disaster", hence obviating relative responsibilities.
Do these policies relate all the terms equally, or can the insurance company assign the cause to be outside of your coverage?
I just got a new policy with the new shop we bought. It is a federal program backed by the treasury dept. To be declared an act of terrorism it must be certified by the Secretary of the Treasury, in concurrence with the Secretary of state and the attorney general of the United States. The government will back losses 85% up to 100 billion dollars. You can opt out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom