Are you making full use of a Digital Camera ??

harryhides

Name
Tony
Digital cameras are now very good and affordable. I use a Cannon, PowerShot G2 which is 4 Mega Pixel unit - works very well for me.

Always take high resolution shots for printing flyers and brag books.

Always take several pictures with & without flash - I average 10-20 per job.

Always take before and aft pics from the exact same spot ( mark the spot with something) and always with some fixed reference point in the background like an outlet or door frame and some size reference like your biz card or a pen.

Edit your 10-20 shots down to 2-4 of the best.

Always make a copy to resize down to 600 pixels for use on your web-site.

Uses of pictures:

To promote your biz.
To protect yourself by recording damage before you pick up a Rug, Furniture or attempt a stain removal or other correction.
To help you to remember details of something you saw at your suppliers place or at Connections - Truck layout, a wiring or plumbing layout, equipment storage etc.
To record your office and cleaning equipment/accesories for insurance purposes.
For teaching purposes for yourself, your friends and your employees.

Some examples:

Before and after Wine stain -

Wine1.jpg

Next some Ammonia was sprayed onto the stain. If the customer is watching, tell them that it will turn green - they will be impressed though who knows why.

Wine2.jpg

Towel off, re-spray with ammonia and add equal amount of Hydrogen Peroxide.

Wine3.jpg

Give it a few minutes a and then towel off. If the stain is still visible, repeat the process and if that does not do the trick apply some steam.

Wine4.jpg

For training/teaching purposes. -

What happens to a cotton towel when Peroxide is used onto it.

CottonPO2.jpg

What happens when you clean around a door that rubs on the carpet.

DoorStain1.jpg

Fon Johnson

Yep. I have a Cannon sd700 is that I use. There are so many uses for it if you use your imagination. I don't know how I did without a digital for so long! I bought a phone with a camera for business as well. We can use them to send a pic for evaluation of a problem area to the boss, or to document problems beforehand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom