Are you *really* healthy?

Name
I'm Rick James
Boy oh boy what a ride the last year, I think I aged twice as quick. Gotta get my groove and focus back on the prize. I realize, I am not as healthy as I could be and do see it being a roadblock to building my business. So one of my new years resolutions is to get healthy and reduce the stress levels. This is my first real resolution and if successful should make next year so much easier.

Here are some tips, we all could use a boost to our energy level and who knows maybe it will allow you to make more money.

Step 1 Consult with a doctor to make sure your low level of energy is not a condition that may require medical help.

Step 2 Commit to changing bad habits such as eating junk foods or smoking.

Step 3 Devise a program that includes regular exercise and a healthy diet. Or, you may want to get a personal trainer.

Step 4 Make a personal promise to commit to your plan.

Step 5 Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Walking, stretching (yoga) and running are some good forms of exercise. It does not have to be strenuous, but you should strive for cardiovascular activities which contribute to better blood flow and oxygen intake to the heart.

Step 6 Let your body decide how much exercise you can do. Consult a doctor if you have health conditions which may prevent you from certain types of exercise.

Step 7 Eat three meals a day. In addition, you should have healthy snacks throughout the day to provide the fuel you need for increased energy.

Step 8 Eat a good breakfast, as it is the most important meal of the day. Be sure to have a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and a small amount of fat. Your body requires a good boost in the morning hours.

Step 9 Eat at regular intervals. Skipping a meal will cause blood sugar levels to drop which can lead to fatigue.

Step 10 Consume healthy snacks in between meals. These can take the form of fruits, vegetables, light cheese and yogurt, instead of potato chips, candy bars, ice cream or cookies.

Step 11 Avoid eating large meals during lunch.

Step 12 Avoid fatty and deep fried foods.

Step 13 Drink plenty of water

Step 14 Get enough sleep. Remember the old adage, "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise."

The next step is up to you.......

G

not to worry with BIG government single payer health care Obamer is going to watch out for every one of us

all things deemed unhealthy will be TAXED to the MAX

WEATHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT!

not to worry we are going to have to work to our deaths to pay for it.

So right now EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY

z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLl2C3ChYYz]

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brent:

That sounds Dr OZish but you have a good point. Lately I get tired just thinking of everything I should be doing.

Name
I'm Rick James
Gordon said:
not to worry with BIG government single payer health care Obamer is going to watch out for every one of us

all things deemed unhealthy will be TAXED to the MAX

WEATHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT!

not to worry we are going to have to work to our deaths to pay for it.

So right now EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY

o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLl2C3ChYYo]

Its not going to get fatass people off the couch though. It will only help them with the forklift charge to get them in the ambulance and allow them to be fat and unhealthy. !gotcha!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That's one hell of a list. Quiting smoking is all I could handle for now (2 months and counting). On the nicotine patch for the next few weeks then it's all up to me. Maybe I'll take up drinking :(

Albert

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
The single best piece of nutritional advice I ever heard was when a nutritionist was being interviewed. (I don't think it was on Oprah.) She said, "If you will just eat right 80% of the time the other 20% you can eat whatever you want." The problem is for most those ratios are reversed. (at best.)

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Why is almost everything I love bad for my health? My personal exceptions to this rule as in being healthy AND tasting good? Watermelon, really fresh summer tomatoes, fresh Thai spring rolls and beans.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Try doing this cleaning after 30+ years. It takes a toll on ya. But I'm still getting up and cleaning just about everyday..........waiting on the sons to take over. It's amazing how your body can adapt after years of cleaning. I'm 56, and probably couldn't go out and get a job CC'ing if I hadn't been doing it all these years. It's like.....second nature. You just do it.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
My goodness I must always be with you when you are on the 20%.

Steve Toburen said:
The single best piece of nutritional advice I ever heard was when a nutritionist was being interviewed. (I don't think it was on Oprah.) She said, "If you will just eat right 80% of the time the other 20% you can eat whatever you want." The problem is for most those ratios are reversed. (at best.)

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Why is almost everything I love bad for my health? My personal exceptions to this rule as in being healthy AND tasting good? Watermelon, really fresh summer tomatoes, fresh Thai spring rolls and beans.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
billyeadon said:
My goodness I must always be with you when you are on the 20%.
yep. Remember, Bill, that is why we only do 8 Strategies per year. Any more than that and I would blow up like a balloon. I have zero self control when a menu is placed in front of me. (Especially when Sioux isn't around to give me the evil eye.)

Island Boy

PS One of the many reasons I live in the DR, billy, is the restaurants there basically offer only unedible and unsafe food. I just view it as a protection. Sioux has trained Marta, our cook/housekeeper, to cook healthy Thai and Asian dishes at least (you guessed it) 80% of the time. The other 20% I'm hanging around you eating (and drinking) incredibly delicious garbage that is damaging to my health..

Steve Toburen said:

Island Boy

It's that time of year again. Everyone gets motivated, makes resolutions, joins a gym etc. Most never stick with it and start all over this time every year. I am writing a list of things I can improve on and not just cleaning related and will do my best to stay with the changes.

Name
steve snail
danielc said:
It's that time of year again. Everyone gets motivated, makes resolutions, joins a gym etc. Most never stick with it and start all over this time every year. I am writing a list of things I can improve on and not just cleaning related and will do my best to stay with the changes.

Danny Boy, that is soooo true! The yoga hot room is wall to wall in January.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I bought a exercise bike a couple months ago and was doing rather well until it agravated an old knee injury.

gary mackay

I'm going to cut back on the 3 beers at lunch to lite beers. I work out at the gun range 3 times a week, maybe get an extra day in there for now on. Very good for stress and its a liberal free atmosphere.

BRSUMMERVILLE

Lower the stress level, eat in moderation,drink coffee, and take your medication/vitamins.

Nov. 7, 2007 was my wake up call. At the VA hospital, my heart stopped. I got zap, twice. I was told, I was dead for aprox. thirty minutes. After the experienced, I looked at being healthy, differently.

Bob Rock

steve r

no i am not "really" healthy.

i had a heart disease that i was born with corrected about 6 years ago.after the procedure i was weak and felt like my heart was really bad. after a few tests the doc said i just needed excercise.i was 40 and my heart had never beat right ,i had a short.

anyway i decided to start a carpet cleaning business for financial and health reasons.i had some experience and it was a dream since i was 16.

i picked up some apartment complexes and could hardly climb 3 flights of stairs at first.well, 40 lbs lighter now i can run up and down all day. i take gnc mens sport pack about every other day and i eat a lot healthier.

i still have a heart issue but i stopped going to the doctor after they said i just need excercise.i am the healthiest i have ever been in my life despite the heart but i am still not "healthy".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom