Are you up or down this year?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
1st quarter is over....for over a month lol....how are you doing compared to last year :?:

I just checked and my bottom line is up 54% :shock:

I made some major changes, ran some major campaigns AND canceled out some major pains.

How are YOU and your company doing? What changes did you make for this year? Were those changes helpful or not so much?

Inquiring minds. !dork!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Down! :cry:

We started out great out of the gate but stumbled with the inclement weather that refused to leave.

So far this year has sucked but you never know what's around the corner in this business so hopefully this quarter is better.
8)

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I ran the numbers last week. I feel like I'm super slow, but I'm up 50%. I'm not complaining.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Do less, charge more.

Rich, I find that if I have an unusually slow month, the months to follow more than make up for it.

They're just waiting is all. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ha....that's right Lee

Actually total income for my company is only up somewhat.

But the bottom line is where it counts.

Becker

Name
Becker
Man. I thought I was doing well with being up about 18%

But now seeing those up 50 plus %. I'm doing something wrong!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Stats are all in how you label them.

How is your total income ? Up 18%...that's really good.

Bottom line?

Stats usually reflect what the person giving them wants them to reflect.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Residential was down a tick this spring so far, but commercial is going nuts, all in all were up 61% ytd :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rich, I find that if I have an unusually slow month, the months to follow more than make up for it.

They're just waiting is all.
If there is anything predictable about the restoration business, it's that sales are not very predictable. You can historically compare months or quarters or years but a storm or two makes an enormous difference in sales.

You're always just a phone call away from the next big loss.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Last year's spring was nothing to brag about, that's for sure. Like stated before, it's easy to get big percent increases when the beginning number is low!

carpetdan

Name
Dan Udy
Gross up 22%....but bottom line up over 35%... and yes ---the bottom line is exactly WHERE it counts. It is not what you make, it is what you KEEP. :) Here's to double digit growth and 14hour days!!!!! Lets tear it up!!!

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Invested in my TM. Fixed it after I got it. Renewed franchise agreement for 5 years.

I am broke, but the opportunity I have is making me happy.

Scott Rogers

Brian R said:
Ha....that's right Lee

Can you put the 54% into perspective? 54% increase from 30-60k is impressive, 54% from 1k not so much. I am asking this not to bust your balls, but since you where a new start up in Texas last year or year before.

How much do you contribute to you actually cleaning this year compared to subbing it out?

Do you plan on continuing/increasing the amount of jobs you clean and cutting back jobs given to subs?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Scott Rogers said:
[quote="Brian R":2so693do]Ha....that's right Lee

Can you put the 54% into perspective? 54% increase from 30-60k is impressive, 54% from 1k not so much. I am asking this not to bust your balls, but since you where a new start up in Texas last year or year before.

How much do you contribute to you actually cleaning this year compared to subbing it out?

Do you plan on continuing/increasing the amount of jobs you clean and cutting back jobs given to subs?[/quote:2so693do]

I usually talk about %s because I think it's tacky to talk about actual numbers in your company. That's just me. I only did it with my Groupon campaign as a test.

My Sacramento company is doing well. When I leased it out, I dropped some overhead and still ended up at about the same money coming in to me....But that money won't change now because it's a set price.

My Dallas area has stepped up a bit but the fact that I did (and am doing) most....if not all the jobs myself....increased my bottom line as well.

I've been spending a ton of time on my Network...it's doing well but it's not going gang busters. I didn't really expect it to because the price is so low.
I'm getting more and more members but it's one of those things that I need a ton to make a difference in the profit. A good chunk of money from each member goes directly out to some marketing costs.

I'm happy...growing slowly....like every year for the past 4 years or so since my divorce and all went into the shitter.

It was pretty much starting over. Before the divorce I was doing better financially than I ever had. Money don't buy love....but it sure buys you a divorce. lol

Scott Rogers

Brian R said:
My Dallas area has stepped up a bit but the fact that I did (and am doing) most....if not all the jobs myself....increased my bottom line as well.

Strictly curious on this aspect of your business. Do you plan on continuing on as a Owner operator
Or copying your Sacramento business plan of Subcontractors?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Scott Rogers said:
[quote="Brian R":1695ys4b]

Strictly curious on this aspect of your business. Do you plan on continuing on as a Owner operator
Or copying your Sacramento business plan of Subcontractors?[/quote:1695ys4b]

I plan to copy the Sacramento area in one aspect. Building the business and leasing it out. If it's an O/O great. If he/she wants to sub out...great again.

I have Mini Franchises that just start from internet marketing only and those go for cheap. $249.00 per month. But when I build the company they go for quite a bit more.

The only thing I am really subbing out now are the Tile Jobs in Dallas. I was thinking of buying a porty for that...but I just can't bring myself to do it. lol

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Brian- I am curious how you are netting more if you are doing the work yourself? Do you pay yourself less than you would an employee?

I am kind of kidding but the point being that to truly analyse the entity from a business perspective it is important to consider part of the expenses a reasonable salary for the owner if doing the actual work. Gross numbers are gross numbers but net numbers need to be quantified with consistancy otherwise it is very nebulous and can be made to be almost whatever someone wants it to appear to be.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken, I've paid myself the same no matter what. The money saved from the 50/50 deal is profit.

Contrary to Harpular belief....I'm tryin to grow a company here. shiteatinggrin

Name
Damon
We're doing OK considering the fact that we're super noobs....but still too new to be down or up.

Brian,

Besides Groupon, what other major campaigns are you running?

That's of course if you don't mind sharing....

Brian R said:
ran some major campaigns

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sorry I missed that post. How unlike me. :oops: :lol:

The only real major campaigns were Groupon. I made some major changes by letting go and leasing out my Sacramento area.
That area is pretty established. We did run a Groupon in Sac and sold about 87. It's working well.

Other than just keeping Google our friend, there were no real major campaigns to speak of. Sorry for misleading a bit.
I update the websites, optimize it etc. With repeat customers Sac pretty much runs itself.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I just got my financial statements on Friday. Seems I'm up about 20% on gross income,maybe about 5% on Net income. I would've guessed I was down. First qtr. is always the slowest.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug,
Are you talking about Gross company income

Or your bottom line?

I just checked again. My total gross is down 11.5% (because of the lease) but I'm still up 48.8% at the bottom.

QuickBooks is awesome for this kind of stuff.

CleanEvo

Down first quarter.... but will be working real hard to make sure that turns around. Getting a little too comfortable expecting the phone to ring with repeats and referrals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom