Are you using the IICRC..

FredC

Village Idiot
Still trying to sell my ideas to trade organizations I see.............

the whole point was to be disruptive

The IICRC is the reason it won't work

FredC

Village Idiot
somebody has to do it..

I really never should have mentioned it to you.

Somebody has to do what? Tell the IICRC they should have online training? They have it. Look at CECs.

An LMS/marketplace type training system won't work because the current education system is what holds the house of cards up.

The problem with moving to away from the iicrc is the barrier to entry and politics...................and the let me ask my uncle bob if its ok

The reasons above are why "somebody" isn't doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

FredC

Village Idiot
Maybe Rob or somebody can actually pick it up and be disruptive.

The whole idea wasn't look how cool lynda/udemy/etc are....the IICRC should be like that.

The idea was to enter the marketplace in competition with the IICRC. Have core classes by a recognized instructor taught in accordance with current IICRC standards. These classes would be in partnership with "somebody" and the income would be split.

The ONLY reason to do that initially is because of carpet manufacturers warranties have IICRC language in them. The IICRC isn't, of course, going to certify anybody through this system BUT that is more of a legal argument to be made later in the evolution of the system when approaching mills with your own certifying body. Why does anyone become "iicrc certified"?

Once the core classes are available in an LMS marketplace similar to lynda and others you can open it up as a true marketplace. Allowing vendors to upload their own programs for sale. Stone guys, gurus, etc. A percentage of each sale would be charged.

The core class or classes can be prerequisites to the wider marketplace or just to other cores.

The format/mechanics would be similar to lynda/udemy/skillshare and use an LMS like Absorb or on the broke end moodle.

This allows for the classes, certification, marketing, etc

That is the simple version anyway.

Remember today

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Look at CECs.

CECs, sure but most look like manufacturers pushing product knowledge. I wonder how much it cost them to "advertise" on that list.

Wondering why no link to the Easy Stone or Dane Gregory courses

Rob has online classes for a *** certification, which does what when it comes to keeping a warranty in check or helping a cleaner who may have goofed in court.

FredC

Village Idiot
So who is it you've linked up with now? Will it bring "legitimacy" to MB like ICRA /The Experience?

Which does what? The exact same thing an IICRC certification does in reality in reference to carpet warranties..........

again:
An LMS/marketplace type training system won't work because the current education system is what holds the house of cards up.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
I agree. I took classes 15 years ago and I have to say the instructors were top notch. Mostly Doug Bowles and Steve Andrews. I let my certification expire when it started to seam like they were just running a money racket but the lessons learned in class were well worth it. The greatest lessons learned were how to not destroy a customers property. Steve Andrews also went the extra mile in teaching how to run a profitable business. Don't know that I would take online classes. Maybe, if I got bored.
We had Joey Pickett and Jim Pemberton a lot for instructors. Very helpful! Way back in the day, I think.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why we can already LERN online now. I can can just see all of the LERN-ED carpet cleaners who post videos on................YOUTUBE.

You know the ones who think they have to make a video to show everyone how STUPIT they are.

Name
Matt Middleton
I went to several classes in the mid 80s-90s taught by Jeff Bishop. Excellent instructor.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I use IICRC courses for our new techs. They go in after they get a couple weeks of background training in shop. We pay to have them take the test, but have no interest in paying for yearly certification.

There are reasons I like sending a tech to a classroom course:
  • They get a solid basics course with no interruptions or distractions.
  • They get to interact with with people from other firms that take the cleaning business seriously.
  • They get to interact with other firm's techs that are total goofballs and see the difference.

Ed York's ghost actually.
Joe? It can work if the platform is built before inviting instructors to alter it.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I would like to point out that my certificate does not have a pretty medal in the corner. What the heck, Uncle Jim?

Attachments

• A0E0F40F-16CA-4889-9530-C19827253BFC.jpeg
    A0E0F40F-16CA-4889-9530-C19827253BFC.jpeg
    598.3 KB · Views: 190
Name
Michael
Took Scott W and Doug H hands on rug class (no IICRC credit) best class ever. Learned a ton, and now as I keep studying things the class notes help a ton.
Just got back today from IICRC carpet class. Honestly didn’t learn “as much” as I did a hands on class since it’s more book work. I benefit way more from hands on verses book/school work. But felt it was awesome training, and did learn a ton. I don’t think classes make you a better cleaner, I think classes can make you a better cleaner when you apply what you learn. And keep studying even after class is done. I guarantee some take the class and go right back to doing what they always did. Classes also allow you to converse with clients in a more educated way. Allow you to network with others in the industry and get great contacts. Some clients will hire you because of your education, but I highly doubt any won’t hire you because your certified! And hate to say it but education makes you feel good that you had a goal and achieved it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom