Are you worried about high fuel prices.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
mishi said:
Hi there,

Everyone is worried about the high in price of fuel. As it plays major role for a development of a nation's economy and we can't produce it according to our wants. It is a non-renewable source of energy
eing created all the time. It'

That's like saying a tree is non-renewable.

Oil is being created all the time.

Its just old algae.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
everfresh1 said:
meAt said:
donno about those gas guzzling direct drives
(what a waste of a 200 hp engine to do the job of a 25-35hp motor :roll: )

the lions share of fuel used isn't powering the cleaning equipment .
The lion's share is used getting the equipment to the jobs

I think someone may have already mentioned it, higher fuel costs effect the prospects ability or willingness to SPEND discretionary income...which is where the money comes from for cleaning services

..L.T.A.

Bob will be here is a minute telling you how little gas his Steam Genie's will use wait for it......
.8 gal/working hour...plus i ain't screaming that 200HP motor at 100% capacity......maybe 15%..barly over an idle!

Now a disclaimer:
That .8 gal/working hr was on ol' Betsy the "FrankenGenie" i built...i would GUESS a normal chevy van would use.....prolly a gal to a gal an' a half per hr...........

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
meAt said:
bob vawter said:
i would GUESS a normal chevy van would use.....prolly a gal to a gal an' a half per hr...........

I might take that bet

how much you got to lo$e???

..L.T.A.

Larry, if you are giving Bob up to 1.5 gallon/hr on his Steam Genie in a 92 Chevy van in that bet, I want in on that one. The Steam Genie I had in my 86 Econoline with the 5L V8 used .8 gal/hr at full tilt. My WM Pro1200 in a 300HP Express uses 1.8 gal/hr but it is heating the water to 230 and turning a Roots 56 with 500 CFM so it is kicking some serious jams..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
bob vawter said:
i would GUESS a normal chevy van would use.....prolly a gal to a gal an' a half per hr...........

I might take that bet

how much you got to lo$e???

..L.T.A.

3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWhgyGWkgE3]

F

FB7777

I did a gallon per hour test on my 2005 Butler a few months back

Filled the tank drove less than a mile to a commercial job, ran the truck for 7.5 hours straight

When I went back to fill it up it took 10.9 gallons which was just under 1.5 gallons per hour

My trucks average between 650-700 hours/ year

Each $1 per gallon increase translates to an additional $1000 per year , or $20 per week in added fuel cost

Unless gas jumps past $5 indefinately , I can't see worrying about it... other than the economic impact it has on my customer base to be able to afford our services, as already mentioned

S

sam miller

I liked the air car video !dork! Iam getting about 12.1 mpg using a 405 in a chevy 2500 6.0 liter engine close to $200 per week fuel cost.

The real killer is shipping and food cost rise's with fuel cost rising! I was talking to my repair guy today and the Pool guy lawn guy and carpet guy can be replaced by the do it yourself guy. The difference is I can clean my pool same equipment is used and mowing a lawn and edging isnt to hard.

But I would argue We carpet professionals with our expensive equipment cant be matched by the rental machine and hoover steam spotter cleaners so I hate to say it but the pool guy and lawn guy gets cut first then they rip out the carpet and paint the cement floor and just bleach mop it!

The real issue is gas goes up people sell SUV's consumption drops way down gas drop as speculators get threatened with regulation.
consumption climbs up again people forget to but prius and Russians get rich! Its all Carmelo's fault. He should have joined New Jersey :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom