Area Rug

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Client gave me this thing today.....

I don't think it is a real spendy one but It has a nice pattern to it and will go good in my house

It is in really good shape..nothing wrong with it..no stains of any type except for some fringe damage on one end which is no big deal to me...I plan on cutting it all off anyway

anything special I need to watch out for seeing how it is hand made and has that burlap looking back to it

First time I have ran across this type..it could use a real good cleaning..

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we only have one company that I am aware of that does that and they have no clue of what they are doing ...

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jim test it for colorfastness and let it rip with the V. Vac,vac,vac then pretreat, scrub and extract. Put some blowers on it to dry.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
most can be washed without problems if the backing is dry brittle and falling apart that’s a problem you need to make the owner aware mikey BEFORE you clean it!

DSCN2385.jpg

DSCN2396.jpg

they need to be rolled on a tube and stood on end to evacuate as much moisture as possible for 3-4 hours and then rolled out flat at the end of the day face up NO FANS next moring hang to dry the rest of the way

DSCN2402.jpg

Finished rug backing is fine a little water spotting it's not falling apart or seperating ..she didn’t pay for me to remove the paint off the back so i didn’t

DSCN2414.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jim we just cleaned a smaller Momeni the other day.. Generally they don't bleed. A good oriental rug shampoo and an appropriate flusing rinsing and she is good to go. So far as removing the fringe, can't tell from photo if its only glued on or stitched.. Looks like its latexed on. If you take yoru time you can remove it withouth damaging the rug too much. Your other option would be to card the fringe and trim it to a uniform length.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just extract it. These rugs have a lifespan of five to seven years, after which you'll have a pile of powder on the floor under the rug and it will eventually fall apart. As long as it isn't smelly, you should get good use out of it until then.

Cut the knots of the fringe off and latex the remaining fabric to the back of the rug.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I lay those on the driveway and hose them down. Soap it up, scrub and hose it down again. Extract and put a fan or two under and on it and let it dry.

If the birds don't poop on it, it's good to go.

I like whoever showed the water cleaning . But while in the learning stage a good extraction clean will surfice.

First , check for color fastness . Useing a white cotton towel wet the corner with your premixed cleaning agent and press on the rug for 10 sec and look for any bleeding. Red blue and green colors work best.

Second , vacaum well.

Third , apply prespray and give a little dwell time.

Fourth , extract with a nuetral rinse like fiber rinse.

Then use a blower to dry fast.

Wool can hold 10 times it wait in water so you want to dry fast.

Aslo never rake a wet wool rug as it will always look raked after .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom