As mentioned last week, HydraMaster has a new owner

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1694819171169.jpg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
What direction does the new owner want to pursue?

Can you get me one?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Name
Swani
What direction does the new owner want to pursue?

Can you get me one?
From what I hear on Facebook, so take this with a grain of salt. Before the acquisition there were a lot of people that had broke down Hydramaster units and were unable to get parts. Hydramaster was not answering their calls. Some have not had their units for up to 6 months.

On the positive side I have read where the investment company that purchased Hydramaster has the capital to invest back into the company and build back up supply, but my guess is that all the shelves are currently bare with a large backlog and it's going to take some time restock.

So moral of my post is that if you buy a new unit and it goes down, you'll have to get in line to get it repaired.

Reactions: SamIam

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
From what I hear on Facebook, so take this with a grain of salt. Before the acquisition there were a lot of people that had broke down Hydramaster units and were unable to get parts. Hydramaster was not answering their calls. Some have not had their units for up to 6 months.

On the positive side I have read where the investment company that purchased Hydramaster has the capital to invest back into the company and build back up supply, but my guess is that all the shelves are currently bare with a large backlog and it's going to take some time restock.

So moral of my post is that if you buy a new unit and it goes down, you'll have to get in line to get it repaired.
Sounds legit . Is there any mention of the parts that they cannot get? I have had a few issues and was not a problem. Although the last 6 months mine ran everyday without a glitch so havnt tried ordering parts or getting service help online of phone. When I did , they got right back to me. (about a year ago plus).

I am interested in what parts are hard to get if you find out. Thanks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Sounds legit . Is there any mention of the parts that they cannot get? I have had a few issues and was not a problem. Although the last 6 months mine ran everyday without a glitch so havnt tried ordering parts or getting service help online of phone. When I did , they got right back to me. (about a year ago plus).

They're backed up with 20+ orders on their Comet APO kit for example on one of them

Reactions: SamIam and Mike J
Name
Swani

A lot of the issues I read about were on the Xdrive. A lot of programming, generator, and motor issues there. I feel really bad for the people that have had issues with these. It has almost cost some their business.

Some of the other issues were with 575's overheating, blowers seizing, and just getting anyone at Hydramaster to answer their phone.

I have a Hydramaster and it's been good to me. I hope they get their issues figured out, but I'm glad I have a 2nd unit.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
One supply house was saying the new owners were putting a lot of money into restoring supply parts and such, to rid them selves of back order issues.

I guess current ownership kind of dropped the ball.

Who knows.

It's always nice when the equipment we use works and parts are available.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I recently called for support my oldest cds was having issues I need a rubber exhaust hose that goes from the blower exhaust to the salsa and had no luck or anyone get back to me (last week)
I also couldnt get my hg to climb up to 14 and wanted to order the gasket for the waste tank but ended up finding something that would work at lowes
I love my CDS units and I have owned 4 HM units all together with a combined of almost 20k+ hours they have been good to me but their best feature was their support if that goes away then its time to move on hopefully they fix it

Reactions: Mike J

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I recently called for support my oldest cds was having issues I need a rubber exhaust hose that goes from the blower exhaust to the salsa and had no luck or anyone get back to me (last week)
I also couldnt get my hg to climb up to 14 and wanted to order the gasket for the waste tank but ended up finding something that would work at lowes
I love my CDS units and I have owned 4 HM units all together with a combined of almost 20k+ hours they have been good to me but their best feature was their support if that goes away then its time to move on hopefully they fix it
You can usually find those hoses at a hydraulic supply store. I am using a rubber garden hose for my lid gasket right now, one of our local suppliers uses yoga mats. Clean the lid well, cut mat to fit and use a quality spray adhesive.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
You can usually find those hoses at a hydraulic supply store. I am using a rubber garden hose for my lid gasket right now, one of our local suppliers uses yoga mats. Clean the lid well, cut mat to fit and use a quality spray adhesive.
i found a very thick and sticky foam gasket that creates an excellent seal and I just tapped up the 90 untill I find a replacement

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
My speculation is that the former owner(s) expected money to flow in without any investment on their part. COVID disruption lingers when you're trying to run just on profit from sales - particularly when sales are dependant on parts you can't get without some upfront investment. I haven't heard any of this from insiders, just reading between the lines of what competitors say.

Investors actually wanting to run a business understand investment, as this group's letter clearly shows. A lot of good people at HM, they'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom