As part of my cold weather preparedness planning....

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'm getting a list of business together for direct mail & cold calling. Personally I'm fairly indescriminant as to the market segment that I serve. My criteria is mainly that thier check clears... I do target higher end commercial places but I clean greasy spoons and apartments as well. Anyway, funeral homes, assisted living centers, professional office spaces (which are usually maintained through property managemnet companies) and yes, hotels & restaurants are all being included.

Any tips on how to get in with Property Management firms? They usually have a vendor in place already. I'd just as soon make 25 - 100 sales from one demo as make a single sale... Any suggestions/ideas? The hard part is theses people don't really see the carpet every day so they just want the box checked.

What has worked for you in the past?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jeremy:

As far as I can tell, there is not much you can do short of belly to belly contact with those folks. My experience has been they just don't respond to traditional marketing. In fact, the ONE property management firm I have dealings with, I got simply by being there the day their previous cleaner screwed up a job.

My luck was due to throwing enough mud on the wall.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Jeremy:
In fact, the ONE property management firm I have dealings with, I got simply by being there the day their previous cleaner screwed up a job.

My luck was due to throwing enough mud on the wall.

I simply can't wait for the PorkButt Marketing DVD to some out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It would be as useful, if not more, than the unrealistic marketing programs I see bandied about.

Yes Marty I am defending you and not trying to annoy you.

When I'm in a better mood I'll have you googling obscure references to characters from literature and film.

But not today.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Its another Yiddish word.

Its the opposite of schmuck, which I would hope you've googled also by now.

We'll get you to the point you can hang out in a deli with me in New York City and you'll understand the lingo.

The Preacher

Jim Pemberton said:
Its another Yiddish word.

Its the opposite of schmuck, which I would hope you've googled also by now.

We'll get you to the point you can hang out in a deli with me in New York City and you'll understand the lingo.

Jim, you don't look Jewish??? :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
PorkchopMarketing-2.jpg

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
LOL @ the banter above... Be nice Chavez. :lol:

Anyway, I grabbed a few of my flyers & business cards, printed up a few gift certificates (2k sq ft) and got a few flyers for a chamber of commerce event I'm helping plan and made a few little little packets. I took them around town to the few places close to home that are over 3k sq ft. Oh yeah & there were a few that I've seen with a competitors box truck outside in the past. Oops! Did I just step on your toes? :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom