Asking for reviews and referrals

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Don't be shy.

Tell them the reason why you want reviews and referrals is because you don't like to do paid advertising. This helps keeps costs at a managable level.

I always get their email (try) and I always email a copy of the invoice with a request for a review on Google.

While I'm in the home I also let them know they will be receiving that email and to look for it.

I also talk to them about telling their friends and family about us. "just trying to get the word out"

This is something I alway say as well...."We will do the same great job for anyone you refer us to"

Here is a response I just got this morning after sending out yesterdays emails.

You bet, LOVE our carpets now! Actually went upstairs and laid in the middle of the floor!! Haha
We have already given a card out to a friend, so hope they will call.
See you in about 3 months!

It's good to be the king. Lol

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah. But do you have any of those little yellow stars.

Good advice.

I will admit I'm very lazy when it comes to collecting emails.
I even have a place for it on my invoices.

The email is powerful. With it you can request reviews with links.
Invites to you company FB site.
Electronic news letter.
Follow up letter day after cleaning.

Next week I will make it a point to ask on each job. I will post the results.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My advice to you and to my competition is that reviews are overrated and it is too much work to get them.

It's better to just do what you are already doing, websites that are buried, cold direct mail and Yellow pages.

If it ain't broke. Why change with any of these new trends that come and go.

Burtz

better yet just have your wife and frends and family leave them for you

Becker

Name
Becker
Guess what,,,

I forgot to ask for emails.

Lol, need to make it a habit.

However of the 17 jobs I'm doing this week I already have the emails of 7 of them.

I think I will highlight the email field on my invoice for the next 30 or so..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't get it.

You just click and it's gone.

What's the big deal?

I get hundreds of emails per day. I can click through them in about 10 minutes.

I enjoy getting some of it. I can preiew it for half a second.

Some people are just control freaks. :mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just make sure they are permissive e-mails and not spam and give them an opt out.

If they are not permissive they are unlikely to get read anyway. So, Get the OK to send them and ask them to look out and expect the e-mail. You may even want to include some sort of reward. Could be a tip, interesting picture. recipe, coupon etc....

Be smart!!! Not a spammer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When you're blasting out an email to your customer base....I agree.

But if you are just sending an email after the job is done and you're asking for a referral...I don't think you need all that Dave.

It's more of a follow up email etc.

I like to attach the invoice for their files etc. That way it adds a little more "purpose" to the email.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
When you're blasting out an email to your customer base....I agree.

But if you are just sending an email after the job is done and you're asking for a referral...I don't think you need all that Dave.

I like to attach the invoice for their files etc. That way it adds a little more "purpose" to the email.
Agreed, Brian. In fact, we take it up a notch and ask during the initial call if they would prefer their "next day Quality Check" to be over-the-phone or by email. 80% say email which means then that they logically must give us the email. Then just include a simple plea for positive reviews and the links for them to do so.

It is all about giving your customer choices. ("Illusion of Control".)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS We recently sent out a QuickTIPS with the entire above procedure profiled in it:

http://sfs.jondon.com/8036/resources/qu ... ng-reviews

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm paperless, so no email, no invoice, pretty simple, never had a problem if you know how to word it correctly, don't need to get into a full explanation as if you're asking for their ssn.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes, once Service Monster is able to run on my phone I will be completely paperless as well.

"I'll need your email ma'am. I'll send you an invoice copy right now."

It will also have the request for Google reviews right on it of course.

GCP

Brian R said:

Exactly. Satisfied clients have no problem with receiving follow up emails/calls. They appreciate the service that much more.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian R said:
Yes, once Service Monster is able to run on my phone I will be completely paperless as well.

I gave up on waiting for them for that option since I can't use it on my iPad either. The mobile version is not my cup of tea. I now have a full mobile office in the van w/ my office laptop and laptop stand, runs off an inverter. Their paid invoices are emailed right after I'm done w/ the job.

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL.. still forgetting..

Funny though, on one job a few days ago I asked the client to fill in the customer info on the invoice..

It was a rush rush job..

He filled in all fields including email.

I need to create a new habit..

So, so far for the week, I collected 3 emails out of 10 jobs so far. Ii have 5 more for the week, and already have emails of one of them.

Everytime I send invites to my facebook to new emails I always get 50% or more joining.

Just lazy I guess, wanting to get job done, on to the next one, then home..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Call them up and ask for it.

Ask them how the carpet looks and tell them you need their email.

Do it....Do it now Becker...Don't piss me off!!!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here's a recent review....you gotta love this stuff....I truly forgot how good of a carpet cleaner I really am. shiteatinggrin

The best bargain ever! Brian did a fantastic job on my carpets. He removed stains that were years old and that other carpet cleaners hadn't been able to remove and left the rooms super clean. I would recommend this business to anyone who wants their carpets done.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just started asking everyone.

Helps that I have a little over 200 jobs sold right now in the Plano area.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, the "bargain" part bugged me a bit but I know she meant well. She paid extra for some extra stuff too. Go figure.

The point is she made the effort to do a review.

All I did was ask her for her email, mentioned that reviews really help my company and then sent her an email asking and saying the same thing.

You can't just tell them or ask them once and expect them to do it. But you can't harass them either.

After the email, I let it go.

I think I have 19 now and I've asked every customer for the last month. So many just don't make the effort whether they were happy or not. I can't blame them...I'm sure they have a life as well.

But if someone mentions it to me twice and tells me it will help their company, I do it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I need to get and send more follow up e-mails. Ive had an e-mail slot on my invoices for many years. But I rarely ask for their address.

Force of habit I guess.

I also need to use my "when can I help you again" slot on the invoice.

Like most stufff, we know what to do. Putting it into action on a regular basis can be the hard part.

I have to re-train myself.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Becker said:
of course it was a bargain.. That is the point of groupon..
Not to flog the whole Groupon thing but I stumbled across this blog post and thought it asked some good questions:

http://blog.fedchex.com/Blog/bid/54838/ ... articipate

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon

PS And Brian, I had no problem with my Cheerleaders telling people I was a "bargain". After 36 years Sioux still tells our friends I was (and am) a bargain! Poor girl. She really needs to get a life!

chris1

Trying to build my business initially off of referrals...I know I am going to have to start adverstising at some point..hopefully when I have some cash flow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom