Assignment of benefits

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
No Assignment of Benefits allowed in our State I have been told....

A lot of the times, the homeowner also decided that all the money should be theirs and would head to warmer climates on our dollar.

You can put a mechanics lien on the building here....but, the banks are now first in line and we have found it difficult to get paid even once they have the money.

I just cleaned the house of one of my former competitors of the larger franchise in our area yesterday.

He was more of a competitor while I was doing more restoration.

He got shut down and created a lot of problems in our area....bank ended up with this house, now young couple bought cheap.

I saw the writing on the wall and got out while I could for the time being and focused on what others were not (carpet, upholstery, Tile & Grout Cleaning)

2015-02-13 09.13.56.jpg

2015-02-13 09.30.27.jpg

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That's too bad for them. Nice house for the new couple!

Do you guys have basements there?

Yes we do, but this house is on a slab with infloor heat system

All basements around here can just plain be bad... So much frost up and down pressure.

Seems like sooner or later you have to dig up around a home and fix or replace the drain tile system and sump pump systems are terrible

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wondered what they did up there.

Here most basements are a part of the living environment, finished and nice living space.
In my own home we have three bedrooms up and two down. Some areas of the country don't have basements, in Kansas you need one. Tornado's :eekk:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I wondered what they did up there.

Here most basements are a part of the living environment, finished and nice living space.
In my own home we have three bedrooms up and two down. Some areas of the country don't have basements, in Kansas you need one. Tornado's :eekk:

Lots of furnished basements here too... All start to leak someday it seems... Lol

Reactions: Desk Jockey

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I read the article. I will bet you it is the insurance companies putting the push on politically for these changes. It is a scary thing when you can be told what to charge by people who have no idea what we do.

Had a adjuster last month. Ran a mowing crew last summer. Had another that was under 26 and a DJ at radio station 6 months earlier. Both had not even taken a WRT class. Neither had been on a dry from start to finish. But like a good neighbor they had a job.

What they are looking for is everyone to be in a program.

Here is how we see it. You can give a rough estimate which we do in writing. Our contract does several things
1. explains we bill from xactimate a national pricing structure. This takes the pressure off that we arbitrarily set pricing.
2. Assigns the ability for the insurance company to pay us direct. This allows those that will to pay us direct. Every carrier has different processes.
3. States that the home owner is responsible for all costs regardless of what the reimbursement is.
4. explains the estimate is just a first look and can change.

Helps us when the insurance company pulls the fast talk. We only reimburse air movers every 16 feet, we will only pay for half the dehu rental. The calculations say 1.3 dehus. We don't pay for pad removal. We don't pay the emergency service fee. All things I have heard and I am sure others have like Richard have heard it all.

The real difficulty is the emotion of the moment. It is really hard to get your customer to focus when their basement has 6 inches of water in it and things are floating.

Insurance companies have the idea we work for them. I love their tone when they call. I tell every homeowner I work for you. Homeowners often think they need to get on the insurance companies side because they are afraid the claim will be denied. They don't realize if they will tell us what they are being paid show us the estimate we can often help with things they are going to get stuck with that a adjuster misses. They are people just like us and miss stuff or make mistakes.

like always a few bad apples ruin it for us all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom