AT heat test

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Very good heat!!! The AT never has lacked for heat.

The tests I like to run is this.

Heat the truck up.
set at 500 psi
012 flow wand
key the wand straight for 5 min. never letting go
check the temp after 5 min.

We did that to the new Vortex and after 8 min of 012 flow wand keyed straight never letting go it stayed above 240.

The AT would do that and maybe more. That shows these trucks can take the dual wanding they are designed for.

My Boxxer427 failed that test pretty bad.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
If you read the text under the movie clip, it was done at 375 PSI.

The test was performed by Tom Cermak (me) in my driveway...

I should turn up the heat, but I'm afraid the hose would not stand the heat... the video was done under the actual settings I clean with.
We are able to run dual wands and keep those temperatures with the AT.

Mark is my brother and many people think we sound alike, even our parents used to get confused lol

Greenie

Time for some 012 flow Tommy boy!

And let's give 500 psi a shot, you got the vacuum to pull it no problemo.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Well greenie... perhaps you should have told me that when you sold me the extenders and tips to set these wands up last year (09 flow)...lol
500 PSI so close to the carpet seems a bit much to me, but the increased flow is a different story!

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont even worry about it Tom

You do have a 60 /40 split (jet spray) between the carpet and glide right?

Just pull the wand back a bit quicker.

High Flow's biggest plus is suppose to be speed right?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
hey tom,

go for the 500-600, flush it!

that's what I have been using on the commercial jobs. sweet results.

I had to use some extra goodyear hose for a long run on saturday and I could smell it "burning". I am glad I do not have that on the reel.

Maybe next year, I will step up to the 3/8".

Take care.

bc

G

Since I saw this post yesterday I decided to hook up the lie detector to my wand on my first job. I am cleaning at 012 flow and 600 psi. I let the truck warm up for about 5 minutes while I was setting up. The first room was a kitchen. I had the truck set at 250, I was getting 240 atw immediately and the least I saw was 233. The next 2 rooms were Living Room, Dining Room open areas. I bumped the heat up to 280 and was getting 260 after about a minute. About 3 minutes after that I was holding around 273 atw. Total job took about 1 hour set up to pack up.

Those are awesome numbers for the first job in the morning. I didn't crank up the heat at the second job because it was a big house and polyester carpet. I didn't want to worry about hose lines.

Dave

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I understand how increasing the flow will increase cleaning speed and effectiveness, however with the longer check valves I think 500 psi that close to the fiber may cause some nap distortion.
I was just pulling greenies leg... he is the one who recommenced the tips I have now for my TI wand when I set this up last year, if he had suggested the larger tips I would have ordered those instead of the 09 flow ones i have now... I knew the AT was an awesome machine, but I was not fully aware of what flow rates they are capable of... thats why I asked him.... hence why I'm bustin his nads lol

mikenorlen

too much heat

I beleive that 200 degrees is more tha enough for res carpet am I missing somthing here?

G

Mike,

I would bet that's all your truck is capable of. If you had more heat available to you, you would use it.

Dave

Greenie

200º where? at the machine? the wand? the fiber? Is the gage even to be trusted on the machine? 200 can be a lot or can be a joke, depends on a lot of variables.

G

Jeff,

I'm sure he means 200 at the machine. When most people give temp readings that is what they say.

Dave

mikenorlen

heat

my present equipment can't generate heat ubove 150 f I was asking about high temps at the carpet at 200 and above causing damage? I think 350 psi is very high presure. (learning as I go)seems like this is not the case for most carpet.

thank Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom