At my Wits End!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
30k TM PC 650 hp giving me fits because of a $200 supply pump. I love my PC 650 but this supply pump issue is driving me nuts. Just had it serviced at Interlink last week and the very next day pump got hot and quit pumping on 3 separate occasions and finally next day gave up all together. I had a spare on the shelf that I got from Amazon. Interlink seems to think this is not the exact match of the one Mytee sells. This one's cut on pressure is like 54 psi and cut off is at 73 psi and Interlink thinks this psi cut off pressure is to high. Service tech replaced the rubber seal on the float bullet checked all the wiring for the pump etc etc . They recommended I go to RV center and purchase a regulator of 55 psi to regulate water pressure between pump and water box...what do u think?
Any other suggestions? When this college turn is over or if there is a break in the action I'm going to have them rig up a by pass so when the pump kicks out ( or just because I feel like it ) I can have the water pump gravity fed from the 325 gal fresh tank.
any other suggestions?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What pump ?

Will it draw or does it require head pressure?

If it will draw from the freshy, toss those lil feeder pumps.

Reactions: Art Kelley

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
It's a general pump not exactly sure what model at this very moment. Fresh tank is about 2.5 feet from pump unlike the Vortex the pump probAbly sets up 4 inches higher than the tap of the fresh tank but I would think there would be a fair amount of pressure anyways.

I like having the warm/hot water from the water box to mix powered chemicals but most people seem to bypass these pumps because their such a pita

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I've tried 2 different supply pumps first was a flo jet and I replaced it with a Mytee pump after the switch caught on fire once and 2 replacement switches went bad within 2 months. The Mytee pump lasted about 6-8 months before it went bad so a friend helped me find (the same pump) at Amazon for 1/2 the cost however I do not have the old Mytee pump to compare the kick on and out pressure.

didn't have this much problem the first 1,800 hours of the unit but seems to progressively be getting worse

Last edited:

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
I had the same problem! We tried this and have had great success....

[video=youtube;-pTuHNBIzLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pTuHNBIzLU&list=UUUF2wsvBG-50tVGtDE4iYNg[/video]

Reactions: JS41035

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Shawn thats perfect!!! Now I 'll just make it through this turn using their water and I will rig this up as soon as I get a day off

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
And Mikey I'm all ears if u want to open your trap. Just don't suggest buying a 100+k AT and I wouldn't have this problem! lol

Reactions: GCCLee

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Thanks Shawn. I have two vans with those shurflow pumps and we go through 4-5 per year between the two vans. What is the model on the Harbor freight one?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You can buy a kit with a bladder. It's supposed to ease off and ease on so it's easier on the pumps.

D

Deleted member 51539

I had the same problem! We tried this and have had great success....

[video=youtube;-pTuHNBIzLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pTuHNBIzLU&list=UUUF2wsvBG-50tVGtDE4iYNg[/video]

If you go this way, amp it out at .5-.75 that motor isn't a continuous duty one...

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Harbor Freight model #9576.

Also, on their parts line, order extra impellers to carry with you. Sometimes the impeller will shatter, and it will only take a few minutes to replace and be back to work again. I'll add a video on my channel that explains that. These pumps are so cheap, we carry a back up pump with us. If this pump decides to quit, it only takes about 10 minutes or less to replace. Love these little pumps!

This pump that you see on the video is the 200 gph model. The 300gph model tends to burn out if you use small hoses.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Shawn, would you be so kind as to post a link to that video also.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Carpet Guy, indeed the shurFlo has this adjustment however the Johnson or Mytee pump I do not believe that has one

D

Deleted member 51539

Carpet Guy, indeed the shurFlo has this adjustment however the Johnson or Mytee pump I do not believe that has one

It does... Ask the Guys at interlink to adjust it for you...

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
What about these bladder phttp://www.harborfreight.com/1-horsepower-shallow-well-pump-with-stainless-steel-housing-69302.html

Arnt one of these supposed to be a bit easier on everything because of the bladder?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Shawn! I literally can't wait until we're finished with this turn to so this!

Dude den you make awesome easy to understand videos...thanks for helping with this PITA problem

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
yqu3emy7.jpg

Finally got some spare time today to install the supply pump by pass. Only one question, when adjusting the valve (red) what's the goal? I'm assuming and what I did was adjust until when the water box filled that that valve in the water box would stop running. Is this the correct reasoning?

when I bypassed the switch on the pump the pump itself runs fine, so the switch had gone bad

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom