At what point do I start adding goop to my glide?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
How tight is the glide supposed to be on the wand? I've tried two: the reg. pcti glide and just tried the undersized pcti glide.

The new one(undersized)seems to be somewhat tighter, but still rocks front to back, a little.

Generally speaking, is the goop to seal the glide OR to hold it in place? When I push down on the wand won't the goop just flex?

I just don't know enough about glides, first one...

Thanks!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It wont hurt anything to put some goop or marine silicone on it. If you hate it it comes right off. Since your concerned I'd just go ahead and do it so you stop wondering :)

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Generally speaking, is the goop to seal the glide OR to hold it in place?

it can do both , Jerry

even though glides can be made to exacting tolerances via CNC machine, the problem is that not all wands have such tight tolerances.
There can be large tolerance variances from one identical wand to another

Goop it good and let cure for at least 24 hours

..L.T.A.

Reactions: GCCLee

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I sealed my 1st one, it seems to get more air flow at the carpet. I haven't sealed any others. I like to slide the glide off every so often to clean it and the wand.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Glides should fit tightly. A slight leak is engineered from the ends and should not be plugged. The tiny leak actually will improve the airspeed at the fiber.

Other than the very rare, glue-on style glide that fits certain wands that would otherwise be unglideable, GreenGlides are made to use without sealant.

HOWEVER, glides are made to fit wands that are new or slightly worn, if your titanium wand's lips are worn away badly, even an undersized fit would rattle, in which case I would recommend laying a bead of Goop along the front and back length, along the top of the glide, but not the ends. Marine grade is not required. The only difference between marine grade and normal Goop is that marine has UV protectors. Also wands that are bent, modified, or have bulky center support screws may need a bit of Goop. If the harmonics of your wand/glide create an annoying whistle, a drop of Goop here or there should change the harmonics enough to eliminate it.

Another time Goop may be employed is when the glide is nearly worn out and is losing it's structural integrity. Just Goop it on until it finally gives up the ghost.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Weebco

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom