Athletic Flooring

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have a brother who is an administrator at a private school in MO. He sent the following email. I have no experience in this type of cleaning so I told him I'd ask around.

"I am starting to do some research for the best floor cleaner for our multi-purpose bldg. The flooring we plan to put in there is a rubber athletic floor. Mondo Advance NG 8mm. I an wonder what kind of walk behind machine cleaner will work best and also what products to use on it. I know I can get some of this information from the company we are planning to get the flooring from but don’t really want to mess with the sales rep right now. You have any thoughts of where to look?"

Mikey P

Administrator
2. INITIAL MAINTENANCE A minimum of 72 hours after the flooring has been installed, it is recommended to perform initial maintenance on your new sports flooring. This step is essential in removing any leftover residues from the production process, construction/renovation trades, installation and moving crews, etc. ATTENTION: If your sports flooring has newly painted game lines, it is recommended to wait 30 days after their application before scrubbing. A. Dust mop/vacuum flooring to remove any dust, dirt and debris. B. Perform initial wash as directed below: 1. Always post wet floor signs, caution tape or barricade an area before performing wet maintenance. 2. Always refer to material safety data sheets (MSDS) for proper personal safety requirements before working with any cleaning product. 3. Use a low RPM autoscrubber (<300 rpms) and ensure a low pressure setting for pad pressure applied. A green pad is recommended for the initial wash of your rubber flooring (or, if desired, a rotary brush with soft nylon bristles). 4. Dilute neutral cleaner, as per manufacturer instructions, and depending on how soiled the area is. Profi by Taski (Diversey Inc.) is recommended for the initial maintenance of your flooring. See section 6.A for a list of cleaning products. NOTE: Test dilution rate on a small area of the flooring surface in order to measure its efficiency and adjust as needed for desired result. 5. Apply cleaning solution, followed by a dwell time of 5 to 10 minutes, as per manufacturer instructions. DO NOT let surface dry out. Rubber can be “grabby” and a wet surface is needed to allow the scrubber to easily move across the surface for a safe and thorough wash. Scrub surface in multiple directions and vacuum up soiled water. 6. Rinse the surface thoroughly with clean fresh water. Repeat rinsing as needed to remove all residues. NOTE: insufficient rinsing of the flooring surface after it has been washed can lead to the accumulation of soap residue. This can leave white streaks/marks on the surface of your floor covering and negatively affect its appearance. Residues can also entrap dust and dirt. Allow flooring to dry thoroughly before using. 3. PERIODIC MAINTENANCE For periodic deep cleaning or restorative washes, please follow the same procedure as indicated above for initial maintenance. NOTE: In some cases you may require the use of a stripper, such as LinoSafe, if too much buildup was allowed to occur or if a particular product was applied on the surface.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
Mike, May I ask where you pulled this info from?
The Mondo website

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I read that info earlier from their website

if you're waiting 30 days to let paint cure before scrubbing that 1st scrubbing clean is going to be a restorative clean not general maintainance

Reactions: Jimmy L

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
In the 80s ,Butler Carpet Cleaning did Smith College gym.
It was all rubber room with running track an tennis courts on insides.
The locker rooms as such also.
We would steam clean them at 200 psi or so.
With dryers an extra vax passes.
Would take 2 trucks roughly the weekend.
Came out very well.
Ok what follows is a typical carpet cleaning escapade...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
That day,I had volunteered to clean a bunch of rooms with acoustic ceilings.
So by 9 pm .This crew was rather beat.
But we drove the thirty miles to join the other two trucks.
We are cleaning about three hours when a blizzard decided to arrive .
I collected the money for grinders an went to get us a meal .
When I can back the doors were locked with a security chain.
As policy
I yelled food.But Carl had a pair of nuts he never fired .
So they wanted the pass word .
After yelling back an forth open the fkn door.
We decided to go sit in truck an eat...
But boss got call from dean next day .
Due to me blasting horn about twenty minutes.
After they finally let us in
I went to sleep in locker room...
Shit you go through to feed yer family...
Nite all stay safe.

Reactions: Jimmy L and FB7777
F

FB7777

the military kid that bought my 2000 Butler back in late 2018 said he purchased Butler Carpet Cleaners from Carl

you should reach out to him and see if he is looking for another older unit . At that time he was doing military move outs

worth a conversation

Reactions: Numero Uno

Mikey P

Administrator
That day,I had volunteered to clean a bunch of rooms with acoustic ceilings.
So by 9 pm .This crew was rather beat.
But we drove the thirty miles to join the other two trucks.
We are cleaning about three hours when a blizzard decided to arrive .
I collected the money for grinders an went to get us a meal .
When I can back the doors were locked with a security chain.
As policy
I yelled food.But Carl had a pair of nuts he never fired .
So they wanted the pass word .
After yelling back an forth open the fkn door.
We decided to go sit in truck an eat...
But boss got call from dean next day .
Due to me blasting horn about twenty minutes.
After they finally let us in
I went to sleep in locker room...
Shit you go through to feed yer family...
Nite all stay safe.

Carl's nuts.. ?
Huh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom