Attention Top 25ers

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
About 90 percent of the carpet I am seeing needs to be Pre-Scrubbed with a OP or 175 machine. Pull the machine out of the truck first so you dont skip this step. Also if its real nasty a CRB should follow the OP or 175 machine. Heavy on the Pre-Spray. Remember Mikey P is always watchin.

Golden Boy

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Waldo,

Did you have one of your "MEN-IN-BLACK" cronies......Inquiring about my BIZ :?: "last week"

This GUY had a LOT of procedural :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: 's......"cali. phone#"

I have heard that you have a LONG ARM in your researching POSSE :wink:

PS> Can you give "A.C.O.R.N." BaWb'S address......Then post his Census INFO :lol: :lol:

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
He's starting to remind me of Wheelwright. He'll be peaking in my kitchen window before long.

Oh shut up Porky.
You are never in the kitchen anyway.
It was your hero who phoned around town until he found which trailer you were cleaning that day. If I was ever in Prattville, I'd be looking on the streets for some loser hanging around waiting for his dog to take a crap and trying to look like he was studying the local fauna.

TimP

Waldo said:
About 90 percent of the carpet I am seeing needs to be Pre-Scrubbed with a OP or 175 machine. Pull the machine out of the truck first so you dont skip this step. Also if its real nasty a CRB should follow the OP or 175 machine. Heavy on the Pre-Spray. Remember Mikey P is always watchin.

Golden Boy

I don't know about you but 90% needing prescrubbing....even here cleaning up after rednecks I can't say it's even near that high. You must clean a bunch of rat holes.

Although I'm always heavy on the prespray.....why wouldn't you be? 3/4+ a 1-9 hf for 1100 sq ft right here :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thanks Tim for saying what I was thinking. My company is relatively low priced compared to most of Mikey's posse and out of 1300-1500 jobs we do a week I'd be surprised if 20% would benefit at all from a rotary prescrub. He must be doing all trailer trash.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
You can do better then that Kenny. Pre-Scrub takes care of the dark traffic lanes. While your techs are misleading the customer and telling them its a "Wear Area" nothing we can do. How many of your trucks are equipped with a 175 or OP machine? Or do you let the "Maid Service" do the Pre-Scrubbin after they get done Pre-Vaccing?

Golden Boy

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
we get the traffic lanes to look just like the rest of the room, sans the wear, but thanks for worrying :-)

Seriously you don't really need the rotary on 90% do you? I'm yanking your chain like you do mone but come on, most customers carpet is very lightly soiled if they have been educated/conditioned properly by the retailer and you from previous cleaning.

Ken
Ps Our customers pre-vacuum so they don;t hahve to pay for it as part of carpet cleaning. It is just smart home maintenance.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Waldo.....

I think you HIT a NERVE :shock:
Ken hasn't had that many TyPo"S in 3 years :!: :!: :!: :p

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- too fast typing and bummed the redwings lost Joe. And yes, waldo does often hit a nerve with me. I think we both like poking at each other and I also hope respect each other. I think Waldo is great!

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I rarely cleaned trashed carpet. Dirty not trashed. Usually on the main floor in high traffic areas I pre-scrub with my OP machine. My traffic lanes look way better Pre-Scrubbed. It leaves no doubt in my mind that I did the best job possible. I always Pre-Scrub the steps with my Host Machine. Pre-Vac with Sanitaire 887. Pre-Spray with 2212. Rinse with Glided Twand. Kenectico water softner. 2.5 Hose to the door. 56 Blower. 250 Degrees ATM. This is the way Mikey P and Greenie have trained me. Its the way it has to be.

Golden Boy

Light traffic lanes I use the groomer,medium to trashed I use a rotary with red pad. Pre scrubbing with a rotary is not needed in all situations. Post pad is used when cleaning berber or commercial carpet if I think there may be a wicking issue.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Well that explains it ,you were never trained lol,hey all,great post...

Yup extra procedures an methods to improve individual service perfomances are always great...

Bottomline

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Waldo said:
This is the way Mikey P and Greenie have trained me. Its the way it has to be. Golden Boy

Now we all know where ****** problems arose from. Freakin Mike and Greenie. Shoulda known. Waldo has made Mikey and Greenie gods in his own little mind. I know Mikey will be on the list, but Greenie? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
He can't even make it as a carpet cleaner and he is judging others. What a loser.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've cleaned a few carpets without a prescrub, every now and then. It works but even ones that are just as maintenance clean always clean better if even just giving a quick groom with a grooming "brush" (not the grandi toothed thing). Don't need a 175, don't need high heat, just need to know how your equipment works and how fast you can move it, have some good solutions, put in the steps, and oddly enough it'll clean up.

A cleaner that puts all the steps in will always out perform someone that just prespray/rinses.

leesenter

Waldo you need to give your head a shake man. Like a few said above, prespray and a Grandi Groomer does almost the same as a prescrub in over 90% of the cases.
But we will forgive your ignorance since you are still really a newbie

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Interesting replies. Personally I find the Grandi brush or groomer to be a waste of time. If it's to the point it needs any scrub at all then you might as well do it right and use some sort of heavy power scrubber ie 175 or gls, etc.

A couple of times on lightly soiled I thought I would just scrub the traffic lanes with the grandi brush instead of pulling out that heavy 175, well in the end lets just say that 175 is even heavier after manually scrubbing with the grandi brush.

TimP

I have to agree with Joey.

If it needs scrubbing get out a mechanical scrubber. If it don't a grandi aint doing crap unless you mist your prespray then it may work that mist in some :? . Lay on the prespray thick and forget about the grandi and just run some emulsifier. Make your life easier through chemistry. That's my 2 cents.

Mikey P

Administrator
Just face the ugly truth Waldo.

Most clients and MOST carpet cleaners have never really seen a great job.

Just look at how many idiots bought into the OP only crap.

the next time some non scrubbing hack gives me "If my customers have been happy for the last 24 years of doing it my/our way then I'm happy"
I'm gonna shove my pad driver down his throat.

as for Ken Snow, the dude has never spent more than 5 minutes cleaning a wool rug, what does that tell you about his splash and soak wall to wall "process"?

shit, it would take over 20 minutes for one of Hanna's barf filled Izods to come clean so how can you do jack to a thick wool rug in under five?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
What is worse? A part-timer that Pre Vacs and Pre Scrubs or a Full-Timer that does neither.

Golden Boy

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I guess if I can support my family and make happy customers, I would rather be the full timer. I honestly think you're just repeating what Mike says whether it be right or wrong. I have no problem with doing any steps in the process but you can't do 50 steps and expect to survive charging for it. There has to be a happy medium.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Some of us are in business to make money, time is money.
I used to do all of that unnecessary stuff too, until I decided
making a nice profit was way more important than over cleaning
carpets. The sad thing is I'm sure I charge more than you and do
less, but they keep coming back for more. I cant see how a broke dick
part timer can argue that. Get a life!!!!

Its not about what you do, its how you present it, until you figure that
out you can keep being a part timer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom