Attic Soda Blasting pictures

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
These are pictures from a fire loss where we soda blasted vs the old chem sponge and seal.

The homeowner was there one of the days we were blasting and was blown away by the results. The baking soda also reduced the odor as it removed the soot.

I think we had 22-hours of operation, went through 33-bags of soda and 34-gallons of diesel.
We will bill just over $5,000.00 plus materials.

Not only does it look better than sealing, but you don't have to worry about how long the sealers will last in an extreme environment.

DSCN2739.jpg

DSCN2740-1.jpg

DSCN2742.jpg

DSCN2744.jpg

DSCN2724.jpg

Jerry

Supportive Member
what is the average cost for the soda? I looked into sodablasteing a number of years ago for different cleaning(not fire damage) and it was costly! The equipment can get expensive also if I remember right, everything from small air driven to trailer mounted setups.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We buy it by the pallet I think it's $26.50 a bag, about $900.00 for that job.

The unit we use is a Grand Northern around $7,000.00 for it plus we bought some extra hose lengths at the time.

You can rent the air compressor to run it, by the day or week, but after renting it for 3-jobs at ($1,500.00 a week) we bought a used one with low hours for $9,000.00.

We've done $40,000.00 with of work with it, since we bought it back in September without out marketing it at all.

Just work that we were involved in where soda blasting was the better or only way it could be cleaned.

Now we have to get serious about marketing it and see where it goes.

John Watson

How many sponges and cuts due to all the roofing nails. Wish we had that back when we did fires....

What you got running your compressor a 6-71 ???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a 280 cfm diesel, most rental yards have them for air driven tools, like a jackhammer.

You're right cut sponges and hands are a pain (pun intended) and tough getting up in the eaves.

Soda blasting is a lot faster and ends up with a better looking end product.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Thanks for the info, might be a great add on if a guy can find a setup like you have at a resonable price. Back in the day I was interested in getting one for graffiti removal and metal restoration,etc. They say you can remove graffiti paint from trees without hurting the bark!?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jerry it works great on wood, I'll have them try it. We've used it on stainless steel beer vats, concrete, even shot a can of "Monster" drink and took all the paint off without damaging the can.

A couple of the guys also soda blasted their cars.

Wayne Lawrence delivers it and gives you hands on instruction, included it the price of the unit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Actually we use 1hp Vortex Axial fans to help exhaust (neg air) as much as possible.
Even with 2-axials you still can't see much more than the area you are working on.

It makes taking pictures of the actual process almost impossible.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Just make sure if you are doing outside work with it Richard, that you keep it well away from lawns. The baking soda will kill a clients lawn extremely quick. Trust me on this one :oops: Luckily it was at our place though....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Jim, good point!

They tell you how safe the product is it's not until I did some research that I read that another guy had damaged a customers lawn.

We take some time for planing where the media lands and have used poly sheeting when there is an extreme concern.

Back
Top Bottom