ATTN Darcie and other wordsmiths, please help me out here...

Mikey P

Administrator
Help me shorten or smarten this up without losing the details.

------------------------

It has come to (enter your company’s name) attention that there is a global wide problem with modern Porcelain tiles made from 2018 to present. Experts in the floor cleaning industry have recognized that most porcelain tiles, especially the variety that mimic stone or wood are HIGHLY likely to be damaged by exposure to alkaline cleaning agents.

During the manufacturing process of Porcelain tiles a glaze is applied over the (ink jet) print of the stone or wood surface and baked on for durability. It’s been found that short cuts are being taken in this process and these once very durable tiles are now EASILY damaged by common cleaning solutions and practices.

Once the protective glaze has been compromised, the floor can appear splotchy or streaked after any sort of cleaning has taken place, so basically the more the floor is cleaned, the more susceptible to splotchiness it gets. In some cases the splotchiness can be removed with pH balancing and mechanical buffing and unfortunate, in many cases the splotchiness is unfixable without causing further damage to the glaze.

We have found that the damage can also occur when the home or business owner cleans their floors, as many consumer grade cleaners are alkaline as well. It’s been proven that virucides are also potentially damaging as well.

(enter company name) strongly recommends that only neutral pH “no rinse” floor cleaning products be used on your Porcelain tile floors. We also recommend that a new (launderable) microfiber mop head be used every 100 to 200 square feet so as not to spread soil and cross contaminate from area to area.

Here is a link to more helpful information on this subject (enter your website/blog info or feel free to copy mine @ https://connoisseurclean.com/blog/h...intain-your-tile-stone-vinyl-and-wood-floors/)

The professional floor cleaning industry leaders and experts have been monitoring this phenomenon for some time and found that the only thing consistent is its inconsistency. We at (enter company name) need to play it safe and use neutral to acidic cleaning agents. We will do our best to inspect the floor prior to cleaning for any potential damage that may have occurred when you, your housekeepers or staff have cleaned, but the damaged can be hidden under mop water residues and will only show up after we thoroughly rinse your floors.

If your grout is soiled to the point of needing an alkaline cleaning agent to get satisfactory results, you’ll need to sign off and release us of any potential liability if any damage occurs to your tile.

Last edited:

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
It has come to (enter your company’s name) attention that there is a problem with Porcelain tiles made from 2018 to present. Experts in the floor cleaning industry have found that porcelain tiles, especially the variety that mimic stone or wood can be damaged by exposure to alkaline cleaning agents.

During manufacturing a glaze is applied over the (ink jet) print of the stone or wood surface and baked on for durability. It’s been found that short cuts are being taken in manufacturing process of Porcelain tiles. These once very durable tiles can now be EASILY damaged by common cleaning solutions and practices.

After any sort of cleaning has taken place the floor can appear splotchy or streaked. The more the floor is cleaned, it can become more susceptible to splotchiness. In some cases the splotchiness can be removed with pH balancing and mechanical buffing. In many cases the splotchiness is NOT FIXABLE.

The damage can also occur when the home or business owner cleans their floors using consumer grade cleaners that are alkaline in nature. It’s been proven that virucides can also damage the finish on the tile.
(enter company name) strongly recommends that only neutral pH “no rinse” floor cleaning products be used on your Porcelain tile floors.

(using a launderable flat mop has no bearing on your PSA (public service announcent)

(enter company name)will do our best to inspect the floor prior to cleaning, for any potential damage. The splotchiness can be hidden under mop water residues and will only show up after we thoroughly rinse your floors.

If your grout is soiled to the point of needing an alkaline cleaning agent to get satisfactory results, you’ll need to sign off and release us of any potential liability if any damage occurs to your tile.

Here is a link to more helpful information on this subject (enter your website/blog info or feel free to copy mine @ https://connoisseurclean.com/blog/h...intain-your-tile-stone-vinyl-and-wood-floors/)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
The damage can also occur when the home or business owner cleans their floors using consumer grade cleaners are alkaline. ( I wouldn't mention specific names unless you have documented proof) I

especially since he obviously didn't look at the PH listed on the sds on some of them......my water is more alkaline

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sure you can find a couple...I did...that completely misses the point though
The point is I put this up there for critiquing and if you found that that's not the case with these product' pH , thank you very much, you don't need to be an asshole about it

Mikey P

Administrator

FredC

Village Idiot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom