Attn Larry Cobbs

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have read a few times here where Mikey says he does this and you chime in that you have the products. We're doing first small round of this large tile job Friday night. My contact informed me today that they have decided to have us seal the tile & grout as well. I gave never sealed tile before (just grout lines) and I don't look forward to sealing 2 inch tile grout lines. So can you post a link if this stuff that Mikey uses and you sell. And you guys says that there is not a hazing problem on the tile correct ? After application does anything else need to be done? They caught me off guard and I do not have enough sealer on hand and need to order some pronto. There us about 2 k foot if 1x1 foot that they have added on so and I am not concerned about this as much.

Name
Ron lippold
Put it on with a half gallon hydro force pump up sprayer, after a few min go over with micro fibre flat mop.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Ron,
i just now realized that my recent order of powdered brightner Oxidizer that I just received a fee days ago for this tile job was screwed up and they sent me liquid dynachem brighteneR! Just when you need to count on them to not screw it up, they do. Tried to call but they are closed.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have the grout roller wand stick, so w/ that tile protector I won't need to use it? Just spray the tile/grout w/ a hydroforce inline sprayer and not worry about any haze?

Is the microfiber and or removing anything that doesn't stay on the grout necessary?

I've had clients complain about the odor of "chemical" it smells like. Do you guys have the ultraseal protector that works good w/out the strong chemical odor? Perhaps a low odor version would be great. I like the product, just the odor I get worried someone is going to complain.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Sorry about that.

The Liquid Brightener will also work on the grout lines, but it is not as concentrated.

Larry
Quite a price difference! I'm keeping the brighteneR, I've used it and like it but I need the other!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The grout sealer he sells is a ready to use product that does not get diluted. It must be spayed on with a pump up sprayer not an injection sprayer. The confusion was that hydraforce sells pump up sprayers and injection sprayers.

Because it is a solvent it is really harse on sprayers. I had a really hard time finding one that would hold up and I still had to change to the hose to a solvent resistant product.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The grout sealer he sells is a ready to use product that does not get diluted. It must be spayed on with a pump up sprayer not an injection sprayer. The confusion was that hydraforce sells pump up sprayers and injection sprayers.

Why does it need to to be pump up sprayer and not an injection sprayer? (the solvent one).

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
get some of Cobbs "Grout Cleaner"

lame name for the best acidic cleaner out there.

Are you cleaning w/ alki first than spraying down an acid than rinse on every job?

Mikey P

Administrator
We use the acid only when needed on floors but almost always in tile showers and because it has a degreaser in it, it is all we use when prepping for color sealing

Mikey P

Administrator

Because it is a solvent it is really harsh on sprayers. I had a really hard time finding one that would hold up and I still had to change to the hose to a solvent resistant product.

Cobbs does not bother a Multi Sprayer at all, been letting it sit in the pump and hoses for years with no issues.

Last edited:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We use the acid only when needed on floors but almost always in tile showers and because it has a degreaser in it, it is all we use when prepping for color sealing

I hear you on the prepping for CS, I went to look at a job I did 2 years ago w/ GP malibu sand, it looked really good, only 2 small 12 inch lines it didn't adhere, I didn't use an acid though, just alki.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Cobbs does not bother a Multi Spray at all, been letting it sit in the pump and hoses for years with no issues.

Good, because I have one hydroforce primary for protector only, makes life much simpler than pump ups.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Just a quick update (so we can stay positive) called Ray today at Cobbs and explained my delema. He is taking care of the mix up and is working on getting my needed supplies here by Friday. Ray is the man!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Update: So I discussed with Ray about the up coming job and he assured me that it would go out yesterday and I would receive it Thursday and at the very latest Friday. I get the email with the shipping info today
Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 05/14/2013, By End of Day
Last Location:
Dallas, TX, United States, Thursday, 05/09/2013

So Ray how am I to apply this sealer and with what pump up sprayer? Don't mislead people when you say it will be here then I expect it here. I was willing to pay extra shipping! I picked up two gallons of water based sealer while I was at Interlink today for an add on job Saturday, good thing, I might have enough to do the work on Friday.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom