Average Tile and Grout cleaning price

mscales3

Name
Michael
Will anyone share what the average cost per sq ft is to clean tile and grout...Or what you charge? I've done a google search, but results are so vague.
I have the Orbot with the scrub brush and have achieved great results with a good alkaline cleaner. So far I've only cleaned my own house and family and friends in which I've done for next to nothing, basically just the cost of solution. Word is starting to spread and I'm getting phone calls to do some pretty decent size T&G jobs. Any advice/input anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Also how much more on average do stairs cost to do?
Thank you in advance.
Mike

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ceramic and porcelain 50 cent to clean and another 50 cent to seal.

and I'm cheap, but I will mop solution oxyblaster , scrub with 175 then scrub grout lines with a brush, then use a spinner to rinse and a glided wand on edges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We charge .75 sf for under 200 sf, reduce to .50 sf up to 500sf and over 500 .35sf. Regular restaurant clients and churches .35 psf.
We charge. .50 psf for sealing grout lines only.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I asked this question once on a tile/stone cleaning board years ago and a fella from GA named Bruce gave the best answer to my question: "Charge whatever you want"

mscales3

Name
Michael
Thank you to all that replied. Curious though on the stairs. Since I cant get my machine on the steps I will be doing by hand. Whats a typical flight of 14 stairs cost to clean?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We do sometimes charge more for 1-2 in squares if we have to scrub it, and definately more for sealing. That's why I like the suggestions on the sealing post about just applying the sealer to the entire floor. I did 't know that you could spray an entire floor without it hazing, so I'm going to order some dynachem and try it on my own floors

Mikey P

Administrator
Lots of tools made for cleaning tile steps.
Cobra
Mini Turbo
Gecko
Various hard floor wands from PMF, CMP and Westpak
A guided wand...

You should have already own one or three of the above if you are going to clean tile for a living.

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
I charged 60 cents for cleaning and 40 cents for sealing. Do a demo when you're in the home cleaning carpet. I closed about a 95 % of the
T & G jobs where I did that.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
So I take it all you guys charge the same for cleaning a ceramic/porcelin floor with 12" square tile as you do for 18" square tiles? Don't you spend more time working on the 12's versus the 18's?

For me, since its the grout lines that take up most the effort, that I charge more as the tiles get smaller. $.50 for 18" and rising in steps to $.65 for 12" squares.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have charged .65 sf but I may need to lower them. Almost all the other cleaners are at .50 or lower. Even Coit has went to .50 sf on there sales. I only charge .20 sf to seal thanks to Cobbs sealer I can still make money.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
That's exactly how I feel about it! My average job is 2 hours setup to breakdown 1000 sf .60sf...I'm happy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom