AW29 video review

Mikey P

Administrator
I tossed Tony the knock off wand guy for not having a moral compass but I dont want my Spielberg like productions to go to waste.

th_AW29001.jpg

th_AW29002.jpg

th_AW29003.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
That is pretty much the wand I use. I like it but I'm also dont run a vortex type power, and havent been spoiled with a big wand with all the bells and whistles its definetly a good wand for the money.

Chads

Supportive Member
Well cant be a poor carpet cleaner forever, I hope one day I will get that upgraded greenhorn custom made for my height. but untill then working my arse off.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well now you have me feeling like an insensitive ass.

I would offer you this wand but no one needs two of theses piles lying around.

Name
Eric Valentine
I use a Prochem version of that wand every day, and in the 2nd video, you mentioned the valve on the prochem AW29 type wands.

I hate that f--king valve. I need to change it out for a feather touch valve, or ANY damn valve that is easier on the fingers.

Is the one there as heavy as the prochem 2 jet wand, or lighter?

I guess that it would work ok for POG like me as a backup, but a greenhorn would be great to have (to much $$$ right now)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yous guys SUCK at wand pushing...what's that handle on the front FOR anyway...geeeez

LeeCory

It's hard to test a wand with all that furniture in the way... or clean a carpet

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I bought one of those wands and it left the carpet sopping wet compared to the hydra hoe.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
SHIT CASTEX!

I'm with Bob, where did you learn to push a wand?

COIT?

Mikey P

Administrator
You guys with mamby pamby blowers cant understand that the VortEx suck the wand to the floor.

and I'm positive that Jimmy and Bob dont run 2 inch to the wand so they have to hunch over their wands to keep them from bouncing around.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
15 ft of 2 inch flexable hose that I got at Dultmeires for around 20 bucks!

Greenie

Damn...Mikey does haul ass, maybe that Vortex will alow that, but your average prochem guy will leave it wet.

Should of done the demo with NO glide, since 9.5 out of 10 guys who have that, don't use one.

What pressure were you at? Cause i was surprised at your comment that the cheap kingston wasn't that hard to use, I'm with Eric, those valves suck.

And just for completeness you should of had a 25' lead of 1.5" to make the story complete, then check dry times sans glide, Vortex or not.

That wand list for $269 in most stores, it's not fair to call it a $100 wand. The way you have it set up, it's a $429 tool.

Really need to use it on a VERY dirty carpet, then tell us how much you had to overlap each stroke to keep it even.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
can you believe some cleaners no here, you will have some guys claim the AW29 is so awesome and feels so much better than the mainstay prochem wands, IMO they are up in the night and haven't used any other wand much. the AW 29 IMO is a portable wand and not suited for truckmount use, weight doesn't have much to do with out well a wand works, my PC quad jet is one of the heavier wands I have used, but its way easier than an AW 29

bob V, that AW29 wand does totally kick the ass of any steam genie wand. I would use the AW 29 any day if that is all I had to work with.

then you get the castex guys, good hell the castex wand looks like a 70's bane clean wand, I am surprised a vortex wouldn't collapse the damn thing

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
OH HURT ME YOU BASTARD!

I LOVE MY 16 INCH CASTEX!

I GIVE IT TWO SNAPS AND A SWIRL AND YOU CAN KMA!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Walrus said:
OH HURT ME YOU BASTARD!

I LOVE MY 16 INCH CASTEX!

I GIVE IT TWO SNAPS AND A SWIRL AND YOU CAN KMA!

watch the video, even mikey uses the words "piece of shit castex" don't be narrow minded, the castex is a 70's wand that is horribly inefficient.

Back
Top Bottom